Best place for a curry in sheffield?

pdbmn

Nearly all the curry places in Sheffield are rubbish, they all sell the same generic crap. The only interesting place in Dhanistas on Abbeydale Road who do south Indian stuff, Dosas and fish cirries and the like. all fresh, all tasty.

I could just eat a Dosa now!

East and West are also good on Abbeydale Road.

I also like Lahori Dehra. They do stuff that is quite hard to find elsewhere but very different to the South Indian places.

East and West are also good on Abbeydale Road.

I also like Lahori Dehra. They do stuff that is quite hard to find elsewhere but very different to the South Indian places.

Are E&W still going? We went last Weds at about 17:30 and it was closed - no sign of life at all...

Then a pal told me Friday night he had heard it had closed...

I will be very upset if this is true.

Been 3 times and haven't found it to be anything other than average. It's also really really noisy and quite a rushed experience.

Agrah:

I also too found it too noisy and slow chaotic service. Resembles a school canteen. overpriced for what it is.

Nirmals:

Nice food, again overpriced, but as other posters have said, that annoying fat woman who keeps bringing tasters out for you to try and then putting them on the bill. That in itself keeps me away from the place.

Panaha:

Good quality food, well priced, nice surroundings and pleasant, polite staff. Added bonus of been across the road from Abbyedale Brewery's Rising Sun.

Panaha:

Good quality food, well priced, nice surroundings and pleasant, polite staff. Added bonus of been across the road from Abbyedale Brewery's Rising Sun.

How does the Panaha compare with the Ranmoor Tandoori?

Whenever we go to the Rising Sun, which is usually only a couple of times a year, we always end up in the Ranmoor Tandoori. I didn't even realise the Panaha existed......Is it one of those that doesn't look much more than a take-away from the outside?

Regards

Doom

How does the Panaha compare with the Ranmoor Tandoori?

Whenever we go to the Rising Sun, which is usually only a couple of times a year, we always end up in the Ranmoor Tandoori. I didn't even realise the Panaha existed......Is it one of those that doesn't look much more than a take-away from the outside?

Regards

Doom

Its across the road from the Rising Sun on the corner where the chinese use to be. Also I understand it is owned by the same people as the Ranmoor Tandoori, which is on my list of one to try. Its not one of the late night places, closing at 11pm, so tends not to attract the drunken element. I've been probably 10 times and every visit has been good and the wife and I keep going back. A lot of the customers from the Rising Sun tend to use it.

http://www.panaharsheffield.com/

Archived