Best Chinese restaurant in Sheffield?

Mr Bit

Whatever happened to the all you can eat buffets in Sheffield?

At one time we had 3 Chinese and 1 Indian, but to my knowledge the only one remaining is Jumbos.

Other big cities like Nottingham seem to be able to sustain a few of these types of restaurants. Not that I'm a regular, but I do like the option from time to time. There used to be a decent Indian one called Cha Cha's, but that didn't survive very long.

Regards

Doom

Whatever happened to the all you can eat buffets in Sheffield?

At one time we had 3 Chinese and 1 Indian, but to my knowledge the only one remaining is Jumbos.

Other big cities like Nottingham seem to be able to sustain a few of these types of restaurants. Not that I'm a regular, but I do like the option from time to time. There used to be a decent Indian one called Cha Cha's, but that didn't survive very long.

Regards

Doom

Wong Ting is on one of the side streets of the Moor.

They have a banquet menu where you pay about £17 per person and you can literally eat what ever you want. The difference is everything is cooked to order and taste amazing.

You get:

Starters

Duck

Soup

Mains

Its so easy to fill up on the starters alone, so your best wearing trowsers with an elasticated waist

They have a banquet menu where you pay about £17 per person and you can literally eat what ever you want. The difference is everything is cooked to order and taste amazing.

You get:

Starters

Duck

Soup

Mains

Its so easy to fill up on the starters alone, so your best wearing trowsers with an elasticated waist

Yes this place is really nice, but take care when browsing the menu, you wouldn't want to order the wong ting :)

You get:

Starters

Duck

Soup

Mains

Is Wong Ting the one that's upstairs?

If it is I've been there a few times on a Friday/Saturday night, but I didn't know they did a buffet.

Regards

Doom

Went to Noodle Inn on Friday. Had the honey chicken wings for starter and crispy roast pork with noodles for main, both absolutely fantastic.

There was a guy sat on the opposite table having lobster and he told me it's the best place in Sheffield for fresh lobster, I did look nice and I might have to try it next time.

It's not really a restaurant, more cafe style, but the food is outstanding.

Yes this place is really nice, but take care when browsing the menu, you wouldn't want to order the wong ting :)

I'm laughing! Agree.. this place ticks all the boxes... freshly cooked , amazing value for as much food as you need, great friendly service.. suitable for small or large parties/couples etc. Great for Veggies too as they don't leave them out during what are normally meat only courses..like duck pancakes / soup etc.

Archived