Do not leave keys visible

Just a hands up might seem a daft thing to say but don't leave your house and car keys on the work top . Been a few attempted break ins at Hillsborough by lifting keys from work tops with washing props and various other implements through letter boxes . What is this world coming to !

Just a hands up might seem a daft thing to say but don't leave your house and car keys on the work top . Been a few attempted break ins at Hillsborough by lifting keys from work tops with washing props and various other implements through letter boxes . What is this world coming to !

I've heard the reverse suggested, to leave you keys where they are visible. If you hide them or leave them in your bedroom, after breaking in the dirty thieves have to wake you and coerce you into revealing where they are.

I've heard the reverse suggested, to leave you keys where they are visible. If you hide them or leave them in your bedroom, after breaking in the dirty thieves have to wake you and coerce you into revealing where they are.

Maybe if you have a very high value car. They are not going to come upstairs for the keys to my 18 year old Land rover!

I'd suggest that the vast majority of burglaries happen without the door keys being used to gain entry.

Somebody I know woke up to find his car gone. The thieves had used a flame torch to silently cut/melt a hole in his plastic door to gain access to the locking mechanism.

This is quite common now apparently.

Somebody I know woke up to find his car gone. The thieves had used a flame torch to silently cut/melt a hold in his plastic door to gain access to the locking mechanism.

This is quite common now apparently.

I've always gone by the notion that, it someone really wants to steal something off you, apart from making their job as hard as possible, there's not much else that you can do. I always make sure that I'm insured adequately.

Archived