Wood fold lodge

birichen

I am interested to know anything about the building on Wood Fold at the top of Rutland Road, it appears to be a lodge or gate house for a grand building. Is there anyone out there that has any knowledge of it?

Do you mean the little cottage on Wood Fold, if so this is shown on my deeds as "Gamekeepers Cottage". all the land around here at one time belonged to the Duke of Norfolks Estate. hope this helps.

Do you mean the little cottage on Wood Fold, if so this is shown on my deeds as "Gamekeepers Cottage". all the land around here at one time belonged to the Duke of Norfolks Estate. hope this helps.

Is there any mention of a Broom family on the deeds, there is a possibility of a gamekeeper called Broom probably linked to the footpath over Parkwood known as Brooms path.

Is there any mention of a Broom family on the deeds, there is a possibility of a gamekeeper called Broom probably linked to the footpath over Parkwood known as Brooms path.

I will check the deeds again and see if they mention any names, I have lived on Wood Fold for over fifty years and I didn't know the footpath was called Brooms Path.

Archived