Saint Valentine's Day

Yes I have also had relationships where I still felt alone even with them sat bang next to me, like something was missing.

I know I am not trying or looking too hard as it will arrive when it does, but times like this we all feel rather cold.

Suppose it is best to be alone than in bad relationship, least I only have myself to please..

Thing is I don't see it as being alone..it's simply I don't wish to be in a situation where I need another person to complete something..I've been there so it's not something I'm unaware of or missing. I have good family..children, excellent relationships with exe's..even their new partners. Life is good..why would I rock that boat with a complication.

Well I wouldn't want to spoil the occasion for anyone else because if I was in a mutually loving relationship I would probably join in the fun too, not going overboard by spending too much but going out together, maybe bringing some food/drink back and having a lot of cuddles etc. doesn't cost much;)

Thing is I don't see it as being alone..it's simply I don't wish to be in a situation where I need another person to complete something..I've been there so it's not something I'm unaware of or missing. I have good family..children, excellent relationships with exe's..even their new partners. Life is good..why would I rock that boat with a complication.

I see your point and you do what is best for you, I on the other hand do not have so rosey relationships, fractured family relationships with barely anyone to communicate with and all my relationships have ended badly hence no friendships have developed.

I am not bitter or hateful, just would like the chance to do something properly for a change without negative results.

Well I wouldn't want to spoil the occasion for anyone else because if I was in a mutually loving relationship I would probably join in the fun too, not going overboard by spending too much but going out together, maybe bringing some food/drink back and having a lot of cuddles etc. doesn't cost much;)

I agree..it seems a little self indulgent to feel acrimonious towards others that wish to share an occasion only because you're not in a position to share the same. Those who feel V'Day is a load of croc is more likely because they feel left out, or the actual hype itself drives the knife in deeper.

I see your point and you do what is best for you, I on the other hand do not have so rosey relationships, fractured family relationships with barely anyone to communicate with and all my relationships have ended badly hence no friendships have developed.

I am not bitter or hateful, just would like the chance to do something properly for a change without negative results.

Again I agree..it's about individual circumstances. Negative results are usually the result of negative or poor decisions. The thing in your favour is to use those past experiences in favour of future ones. How many times have you heard someone say " I keep choosing the wrong person"?...the answer is in the first letter of the statement.

Don't allow "needs" to substitute desire. Desires on the whole are positive, "needs" can get you into a lot of trouble.

Archived