Mortgage advance is it still popular

hi there, looking at a kitchen /french doors/combi boiler/ window blocked up/project and maybe around the £13k mark if not more, do people still take advances out on mortgages on these types of projects or personal loans,

i dare say we could pay out of our savings , it s just a massive chunk gone out of the isa/

monthly i think its about £100 on the mortgage or £300 on a 5 yr personal loan

any clues on the best route

regards craig

I imagine you get less interest on your ISA savings than you will pay on a loan.

When the interest on debt exceeds the interest on saving it is sensible to pay down your debt by reducing your savings, just leave yourself enough for a rainy day

You're talking about taking out a mortgage for more than the value of the property right, then using the extra to fix it up?

What are your circumstances?

I think the mortgage terms are abit stricter now and they're less likely to make this sort of lend.

They want nice safe loans with plenty of deposit these days.

Would the interest you'd pay out on taking a loan/mortgage be more or less than the amount you'd earn on your ISA savings if you left the money there? If you'd end up paying more out in interest, then it would surely make sense to use your savings? Plus should anything dire happen like lose your job you're not stuck with a loan you can't pay for?

Archived