Calling all singles!

Stargazer8

Would you go to a 'lock and key' singles night if there was one being held in Sheffield? I'm currently trying to fund raise for a community development project and was inspired by the number of 'singles' post on here.

A 'lock and key' night is where all the ladies are given a lock to hang around their necks and all the men are given a key to hang around their necks. You walk around the room chatting to people and trying to find your other half. If you succeed, you get entered into a final prize draw to win (something good that will hopefully be donated!). I was thinking of holding a raffle too. Everyone who pays to enter the night gets one ticket, as well as extra raffle tickets that can bought.

If this kind of night was put on, how much would you expect to pay to enter? How many people would you expect to attend? Where would you like this kind of event to be held? Do you think there are any other ways in which I could improve my existing ideas?

I need to raise £2500 by July so any advice is gratefully received!

Thanks, Merroney. xx

I'd be interested in that... It sounds like fun! :P I guess it depends on the project you're doing really, for me personally, I'd pay more to get into an event that was raising money for charity, particularly cancer charities.

Unless you were making it a localised event... Say if you were developing the Shiregreen community for example, hold it at a working mens club in the locality and it'll attract single locals.

Anyways, good luck! :D

That sounds really good fun actually! Been to a couple of speed dating nights where it was £20 which included a glass of bubbly on arrival. If it was well advertised you'd prob get a fair bit of interest, esp as it's for charity. Count me and one of my friends in :hihi:

Ooh that sounds like fun...

So only 2 lock and keys can match up?

What if you end up with a complete dog? :hihi:

Only kidding - its not all about looks :rolleyes:

u don't look at the mantelpiece whilst poking the fire ,as my old dad used to say.

u don't look at the mantelpiece whilst poking the fire ,as my old dad used to say.

i think id rather have someone whos attractive and makes me laugh who's bad in bed than a minger whos fantastic :gag:

think the lock and key thing is a great idea, im not single myself but if i was id prob go to it, good luck with the fundraising

hazel xx

Archived