Tentown

Greyhound

• 1 month later...

Yes, my husband lived near there from 1961 to 1985, he remembers the cargo nets, big sandpit, 5 a side football pitch, the commando wire and the big walkway. He used to play on there all the time as a kid. Looked like a big American Cavalry Fort. Gave the kids something to do.

I lived at Darnall at the time but remember going passed it on the bus.

In later years Ackroyd and Abbot had their compound on their when they were doing the remods on the Woodthorpe council houses and he worked there as well.

Now its just open fields.

i live on nodder next to tentown field my neighbour was born and bred on woodthorpe and lives bang next to tentown she wants to no if u remember anyone from that era?:)

My cousin lives on Castlebeck avenue and thats where i stay when i am over.

I would think your neighbour might know her :thumbsup:

Regards CB

• 1 year later...
Yes, my husband lived near there from 1961 to 1985, he remembers the cargo nets, big sandpit, 5 a side football pitch, the commando wire and the big walkway. He used to play on there all the time as a kid. Looked like a big American Cavalry Fort. Gave the kids something to do.

I lived at Darnall at the time but remember going passed it on the bus.

In later years Ackroyd and Abbot had their compound on their when they were doing the remods on the Woodthorpe council houses and he worked there as well.

Now its just open fields.

fun times were had by all on the ten town. Does any one remember Carl Chapman the geezer with the beard

i live on nodder next to tentown field my neighbour was born and bred on woodthorpe and lives bang next to tentown she wants to no if u remember anyone from that era?:)

is your neighbour gail i think she moved to the house next to where town town was and originally lived further down nodder rd

yes it is gail shes lived there quite a few yrs now think everyone knows who she is round here lol:hihi:

yes i knew gail when she was younger i am a bit older than her more near to her late sister wendys age i was brought up at 48 nodder road she was just down street from me remember when gail got knocked down when she was little

give my regards to gail [carol oxley-maiden name] not seen her in some years knew she had moved back on woodthorpe i moved off there in 1986 so its been nearly 21 years since i lived on there, my mum she moved off in 1993 after my dad died.

Archived