Tax avoidance is harming us all.

your wasting your breath mate the 2bob millionaires on here think its the way forward :loopy:

It's a strange paradox though - that some people would defend the right of the wealthy to rip HMRC off and potentially have in increased tax bill to cover the shortfall of the tax dodgers.

Yet you'll often find it's the same people who enjoy being vicious to someone who may have been overpaid by the social; or apply to the DWP for a crisis loan.

It's a strange paradox though - that some people would defend the right of the wealthy to rip HMRC off and potentially have in increased tax bill to cover the shortfall of the tax dodgers.

Yet you'll often find it's the same people who enjoy being vicious to someone who may have been overpaid by the social; or apply to the DWP for a crisis loan.

i agree and the more people opening their eyes to this should stick together, and not fall for the divide and rule way the gov wants. the gov closed a loophole in the courts last night after that girl won her case about unemployed working for benefits. not so fast in going to court over closing down tax avoidance schemes are they ? hmm i wonder why:hihi:.

So if someone with their own business earned £100K+ would it be considered wrong for him to pay his wife £35K to do secretarial work to avoid high rate tax?

If it were me I'd be looking for a new accountant.....there's lots of legal ways to avoid the higher rate when you own a business..

Maybe it's more to do with what's legal than any moral stance about 'ripping off'.

---------- Post added 14-02-2013 at 10:40 ----------

If it were me I'd be looking for a new accountant.....there's lots of legal ways to avoid the higher rate when you own a business..

No reason not to do that though, employing a spouse along with giving her 50% ownership of the company is very common and one of the easiest things to do to minimise tax.

Maybe it's more to do with what's legal than any moral stance about 'ripping off'.

---------- Post added 14-02-2013 at 10:40 ----------

No reason not to do that though, employing a spouse along with giving her 50% ownership of the company is very common and one of the easiest things to do to minimise tax.

hmm legal for some but not joe bloggs but hey who cares

why dont the tax office just employ these superior accountants that the rich seem to benefit from :suspect: there problem solved :hihi:

Gordon Brown culled thousands of experienced tax officials in 2005.

Having realised the mistake they were replaced later by unexperienced staff.

---------- Post added 14-02-2013 at 11:05 ----------

My point is that any legislation can have intended and unintended consequences. It is not the job of companies to decide what the legislation was intended to, it is their job to create dividend for their shareholders. If the government of the day frames its legislation in such a way that a company is able to LEGALLY make additional profit, over and above what the government intended, then the problem does not lie with the company who were just doing their job, it lies with the government who were not doing theirs to a high enough standard.

Unfortunately governments have been lax in pursuing large companies for years.

HMRC is able to challenge any expenses claimed against income if they think that it is not a genuine or an artificial transaction.

I've seen small companies pursued several times but HMRC does not seem to have the same appetite when facing multi-nationals

Gordon Brown culled thousands of experienced tax officials in 2005.

Having realised the mistake they were replaced later by unexperienced staff.

---------- Post added 14-02-2013 at 11:05 ----------

Unfortunately governments have been lax in pursuing large companies for years.

HMRC is able to challenge any expenses claimed against income if they think that it is not a genuine or an artificial transaction.

I've seen small companies pursued several times but HMRC does not seem to have the same appetite when facing multi-nationals

so the condems havent learnt from labours mistakes hmm again i wonder why?

---------- Post added 14-02-2013 at 11:13 ----------

Go start your own company then you can join in.... :)
no why dont some people share the same burden?