Christenings? decor? Help!

I never bothered with any decor, but I suppose thats a personal thing. I just welcomed the people into my home with food and drink.

The cake: usually trimmed with pink for girl blue for boy but you might want to change this! I think one of my kids cakes had a little stork holding a baby, another had a message with the childs name on

Something like "Welcome (name)" or "Hello (name)". I dont think it matters.

To keep the decoration simple but effective, how about balloons suitable arranged with ribbon twirled around the bunches? As well as blue or pink, you can also get christening balloons which come in white or cream. White and cream can be quite pure and refreshing. If you wanted to dress your table up, maybe a large helium balloon in the middle with the baby's name on 1 side and a personal message on the other written in glitter. I get my balloons from a shop at Hillsborough. Brilliant! You could also sprinkle 'christening' foil confetti on the table to add that extra sparkle. I wish you a fabulous day Natalie.

People actually sell Christening decorations? Im obviously behind the times!

Mind you peoples expectations of weddings and what they spend have changed so dramatically over the past 20 years, that it was bound to happen to Christenings. Its not just the do and the ceremony and the clothes, but people are making appointments for cosmetic dentistry, nail treatments, tans, skin peels, professional makeup to add to the usual hairdresser appointment. Also a visit to the stationers isnt just for the invites, but for all sorts of personalised favours, orders of service, personalised cake boxes etc...

It feels like its all got out of hand to me! Am I old fashioned?

Archived