Who's going to protect the Christians?

Tony

Do Christians need saving?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do Christians need saving?

• Yes
    • No

Your entire argument is self congratularly, in a state of flux and has more philosophical holes than scientology.

It really is like trying to debate with a fundamentalist Christian who every time you point a hole out in their argument comes back with 'Yes but the Bible says this and that's the supreme authority'. That's not debating.

So I'm not going to stay and indulge you, it would be like congratulating a naughty child, no doubt you will take that as me backing down, I assure you had you argument any substance I would hold my hands up and say 'Sorry I was wrong`.

One thing I have learnt from this is that I can see now why Theists become so frustrated with anti Theists, fortunately most atheists can construct an actual argument and are both a pleasure and educating in debate, I could go on but I'll leave it there.

---------- Post added 15-02-2013 at 08:34 ----------

btw, it hasn't escaped my attention that you didn't quote the part where I clearly used your own 'evidence' that yours was the narrow opinion, nice attempt a misdirection, the champion of anyone with a valid point to make :loopy:j

fortunately most atheists can construct an actual argument and are both a pleasure and educating in debate, I could go on but I'll leave it there.

What six45ive has said makes sense to me, I don't understand what you find so confusing. :)

What six45ive has said makes sense to me, I don't understand what you find so confusing. :)

I'm sure having you as his champion as cheered him up no end.

maybe you'd like to trundle over to the other thread and actually answer the question put to you instead of trying to stir up trouble here.

I'm sure having you as his champion as cheered him up no end.

maybe you'd like to trundle over to the other thread and actually answer the question put to you instead of trying to stir up trouble here.

I already did, you just didn't understand the answer.

Not stirring trouble just pointing out that something makes sense to me that apparently don’t make sense to you and that its quite common and normal.

I already did, you just didn't understand the answer.

Not stirring trouble just pointing out that something makes sense to me that apparently don’t make sense to you and that its quite common and normal.

No you didn`t that's why you've scurried away from that thread. Myself and several other posters have prompted you more than once to answer and you have simply wormed your way out of it.

As to not stirring trouble that's funnier than six`s attempt at debate.

Which is called implicit atheism and by its very nature it inspires because, by definition, it includes everything that inspires outside the realm of explicit atheism and inspiration from a theistic mindset.

The only argument here is does inspiration necessarily need a cause or is it innate......in other words; is it so simply because we are human? I say both. 'We are inspired because that's how we're wired'. *That's going to be my new slogan from now on.*

Can you show me this definition, with a link to it's source?

And that's what humanism is. So this strawman argument of; "atheists can't do good inspired by their atheism because their atheism has no doctrine" fails.

It doesn't take into account of what morals/principles/ethos come about specifically because of a lack of belief in a god

If that's you're reasoning, you might as well say it's also inspired by your lack of (insert anything).

No, only you are talking about a narrow definition. I've been talking about *both implicit and explicit atheism from when I entered this thread. If you're not sure please try asking for :help: in allowing me to educate you as to what my position is next time.

PaliRich is right, "absence of belief" is considered the broadest definition of atheism. Every atheist has to have an absence of belief.

Nearly right. Hmmmm.......now let me think. We were talking about 'inspire' and somebody's changed that to 'motivate'.

You mean like this?...

People can be motivated by a lack of belief in a god.

No, it's being specifically motivated by my lack of belief based on how I've rationally come to the conclusion that I don't believe in god.

---------- Post added 15-02-2013 at 10:31 ----------

I believe in God.

I don't believe in God.

I don't know if I believe in God.

Does this summarise the various views ?

If you don't know if you believe in God, then that's not a belief in God. Unless you actually believe in God, then you have an absence of belief.

I believe in God.

I don't believe in God.

I don't know if I believe in God.

Does this summarise the various views ?

Looks about right to me, I don’t know if I believe in God because I have no idea what God is, its definition changes depending on who you talk to

FFS it's like talking to the cat. You cannot not believe in something while at the same time holding a belief that it may be believable. You can not hold a belief either way, ie agnostic but you cannot believe god exists and does not exist simultaneously.

The situation wouldn't arise for most of the atheists here, as they consider atheism to mean 'an absence of belief (in God)'.

So, they neither believe in God, nor, disbelieve in God.

Archived