Who's going to protect the Christians?

Tony

Do Christians need saving?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do Christians need saving?

• Yes
    • No

God has been described to me as everything that exists, a manifestation of human emotions, an idol that is worshipped and all these things exist, so I must be a theist.

So, you believe in these things, the next question you have to ask yourself is, do I believe that to be a god? If so, then you are a theist. If you're not convinced that those things combined are a god, then refer to the next section...

But God has also been described as a perfect being, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, which is clearly nonsense so making me an atheist.

No, it just means that you aren't convinced that that definition is a god.

Is a Christian an atheist because he/she doesn't believe the definition of Vishnu to be a god?

No.

So until we arrive at one definition of God then I can only really be an ignostic.

How so? By sitting in an ivory tower saying "I'm different, it doesn't apply to me, I'm not looking at that, I'm not going to be an atheist or a theist" ?

Sorry Max/Mr.Smith, you may be ignostic, but you are also either a theist or an atheist.

He had no intension of helping the old lady until he became an atheist; ergo atheism motivated him into helping the old lady.

Like I said, worst logic ever.

I have no intention of choosing what to have for breakfast until I wake up in a morning, so does that mean waking up motivates me to choose my breakfast?

No.

EDIT: Mr.Smith/Maxmaximus, why did you quote on of my posts on the last page and highlight/supersize "ALL" but not leave any comment related to it it?

No. why would you think that?

You asked what definition of God I was using for the purpose of the question I asked- my answer, the Christian God. Once we sort out your inability to define atheism, it's fairly straightforward to adapt and apply it to other forms of God.

So, for the 3rd time of reposting the question-

I'll make this very simple then-

the definition of 'atheism' I, and several actual atheists here, are using, is-

"lacking belief (in God)"

If you let us know your definition, then we can either adopt it, or, in each post, make it clear which of the 2 defintions we are refering to; thus cutting down hugely on the 'arguing' you say you don't like.

Please don't go the 'people use many different definitions...' question avoidance route, as 1. we know that & 2. it would be a strawman, as:

the question is "what definition of atheism are you using"?

I don’t have problem with the definition of atheist, it’s the definition of God that is the problem.

I don’t have problem with the definition of atheist, it’s the definition of God that is the problem.

You don't have a problem with the definition of 'atheism'?!?

Then answer the question :)

Let's make this really easy- if you don't like my definition of God- then you give me a definition of God.

You don't have a problem with the definition of 'atheism'?!?

Then answer the question :)

Let's make this really easy- if you don't like my definition of God- then you give me a definition of God.

He doesn't have a definition of God, he's ignostic.

He loves it when people feed him like this.

I passed a church that was being demolished the other day, and another around the corner had become an antiques emporium. Hymns are being taken out of school assembly, religious symbols are being taken down and they might have to marry gay couples in church in the future.

Now the bombshell that the Pope just resigned, saying that the job is too much for a frail old man.

On the whole, Christians are nice people, who get on with life, looking after themselves and others in sometimes very generous ways, from forgiveness to more practical ways that save and improve the lives of others.

So, when even a Pope chucks in the towel, who's going to stand up for Christians, their values, and their way of life?

Why cant their god afford them some protection?

He doesn't have a definition of God, he's ignostic.

He loves it when people feed him like this.

Yes, I'm 90% convinced he's just trolling here :)

However, that leaves a 10% chance he's simply not good at logical discussion, which is why I'm offering to let him supply his own definitions: given his adeptness at avoiding answering any direct questions whatsoever, I'm not going to be surprised if he can't define stuff either.

So, you believe in these things, the next question you have to ask yourself is, do I believe that to be a god? If so, then you are a theist. If you're not convinced that those things combined are a god, then refer to the next section...

No, it just means that you aren't convinced that that definition is a god.

Is a Christian an atheist because he/she doesn't believe the definition of Vishnu to be a god?

No.

Since I have no idea what God is or can do how on earth could I possibly know if these things are god?

Archived