Who's going to protect the Christians?

Tony

Do Christians need saving?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do Christians need saving?

• Yes
    • No

The OP carefully refers to Christians, not pontifs, bishops, church banks, states , lavish art collections, ancient monuments, reformations and inquisitions, expected or otherwise. Just plain old Christians.
I should hope a few of us are worth preserving.If the event of us being completely banished from society ever arose,i've got a few atheists in the family,i would hope they consider i'm worth protecting.

One lot live in a nice big old house,they could always hide me in the cellar.:hihi:

If no one can explain how evolution started then it must have been some form off a God that kick started it so you could be a theist I suppose.

The old God of the gaps theory huh? The beauty of science is that it welcomes not knowing all the answers, using peer reviewed evidence to further our knowledge. Unfortunately something that religion doesn't seem to bother with, preferring instead to continue with bronze age superstitions.

The old God of the gaps theory huh? The beauty of science is that it welcomes not knowing all the answers, using peer reviewed evidence to further our knowledge. Unfortunately something that religion doesn't seem to bother with, preferring instead to continue with bronze age superstitions.

Thats a rather narrow view you have,religion takes much interest in science.Religion doesn't just confine its interests to what is written in its holy books,its contribution to education and culture has continued throughout history.Its developed quite considerably since the "bronze age" you speak of.

Have you read the book "Religion for Atheists" by the secular atheist philosopher Alain de Botton? worth a read by believers and non-believers i would say.

Here's a taster on video.

If a monkey is the closest animal in the evolution cycle to a person why can't it speak like a budgie can ?

If no one can explain how evolution started then it must have been some form off a God that kick started it

Lovin' the religious logic there, Harv. Are you a plant sent in to discredit religious types by making them look very very silly?

---------- Post added 17-02-2013 at 14:57 ----------

Exactly..............

I believe there is a God but could not define what God is.

Annoyingly, I'm with Max on this one; how can one possibly believe in something if one doesn't know what it is? Madness.

Lovin' the religious logic there, Harv. Are you a plant sent in to discredit religious types by making them look very very silly?

---------- Post added 17-02-2013 at 14:57 ----------

Annoyingly, I'm with Max on this one; how can one possibly believe in something if one doesn't know what it is? Madness.

Not as silly as they may appear at first glance.

If one believes in evolution something must have started it. What should we call the cause of it starting ?

None of us know exactly what God is or isn't but something greater than us must have made/created the universe.

The budgie remark was a light hearted remark.

Not as silly as they may appear at first glance.

If one believes in evolution something must have started it. What should we call the cause of it starting ?

A random interraction of some matter & some energy will do the job for me. Why do we need to resort to magic?

None of us know exactly what God is or isn't but something greater than us must have made/created the universe.

Why?

The budgie remark was a light hearted remark.

Ah. That old one, eh?

Tell me then; how does one distinguish between your light hearted remarks and your serious arguments? They seem very similar to the untrained eye.

A random interraction of some matter & some energy will do the job for me. Why do we need to resort to magic?

And we go back to where did the matter come from ?

Why?

Because I don't think you or me are able to make/create a universe.

Ah. That old one, eh?

Tell me then; how does one distinguish between your light hearted remarks and your serious arguments? They seem very similar to the untrained eye.

Some posters will have identified what it was.

Archived