Who's going to protect the Christians?

Tony

Do Christians need saving?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do Christians need saving?

• Yes
    • No

Lockjaw Just a quick reply to the now closed thread,and then i've done with it.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1126923&page=4

No of course i wasn't being arrogant.

I disagree that we should have ditched the OT not everything in it should be dismissed.

It contains many instructive,poetic and meaningful passages.Our laws in society today have been founded from it.

Apart from that the history of the Jews has been kept to provide information and some insight about Jewish culture at the time of Jesus, and to show reference to his ancestry.

Imagine 2 boxes, one contains all that we know the other contains all that we don't know. Let's call the first box facts and the second box god. As we determine information, or facts, about that of which we previously had no knowledge we can take it out of the god box and put it in the fact box.

In the past, the god box contained just about everything but, as time goes by, stuff moves from the god box to the facts box until, a long time hence, the god box will be empty, or near enough as makes no difference.

an image, animal, or other object worshipped as divine or symbolizing a god,

I know these exist, so am I a thiest even though I don't worship them.

Old ground already covered in previous threads, not uncommon for you.

Something symbolising a god is not the same as a god.

If you still think they might be gods, post#181 applies.

Imagine 2 boxes, one contains all that we know the other contains all that we don't know. Let's call the first box facts and the second box god. As we determine information, or facts, about that of which we previously had no knowledge we can take it out of the god box and put it in the fact box.

In the past, the god box contained just about everything but, as time goes by, stuff moves from the god box to the facts box until, a long time hence, the god box will be empty, or near enough as makes no difference.

I like that analogy. :)

---------- Post added 17-02-2013 at 21:03 ----------

Old ground already covered in previous threads, not uncommon for you.

Something symbolising a god is not the same as a god.

If you still think they might be gods, post#181 applies.

God, an image, animal, or other object worshipped as divine. you can ignore the other bit because it said or.

Archived