Korean restaurant in West 1

jemson

Its called Ginseng and its delicious - we went with the kids and had some dumplings to start - then some marinated beef and lamb plus some vegetables which you grill yourself on the electric BBQ built into each table.

You can order a wide range of meats and fish/seafood to BBQ.

We also had a vegetable rice pot which was lovely.

Would be great fun for a night out with friends with a few beers.

(was a little expensive though)

Cheers Gooogle. Planning on going there with OH for a belated Valentine`s meal.

---------- Post added 18-02-2013 at 10:48 ----------

Well it was good.

Pickles nice and starters great - tofu and a kimchee pancake with sauces.

Main was ok. Not too keen on the fish cakes (gloopy) but the bbq fish was good.

Don`t normally do desserts but the ice creams / sorbets had lovely flavours (green trea for eg) and the barley tea was nice.

• 1 month later...
:loopy: went recently with a few friends. I can honestly say this was the worst restaurant experience I have ever had. The restaurant were understaffed so the food was served randomly - we all got our food at different times. The meal took nearly 3 hours to serve. Some of the food was truly inedible, chewy meat and tasteless rice cakes - yuk. Very expensive too. Clearly other have had a better experience judging by the reviews, so maybe we got them on a bad night! Sorry!

:loopy: went recently with a few friends. I can honestly say this was the worst restaurant experience I have ever had. The restaurant were understaffed so the food was served randomly - we all got our food at different times. The meal took nearly 3 hours to serve. Some of the food was truly inedible, chewy meat and tasteless rice cakes - yuk. Very expensive too. Clearly other have had a better experience judging by the reviews, so maybe we got them on a bad night! Sorry!

Given that texture is important in many Asian cuisines the chewy meat doesn't surprise me. However 3 hours to be served your food does seem a bit excessive. I'm still yet to try this one - to be fair I have mostly heard good things so far.

Archived