Is the world ready for another female pope?

Parvo

Heard on the news today that the Pope is resigning because there's a huge lawsuit against the Vatican coming up.

Cardinal Roger Mahoney of the diocese of Los Angeles reassigned priests who had molested boys to other parishes.

He is facing a deposition and hearing on this and is no longer a Cardinal. The Vatican dont want him coming to Rome for the conclave. He isnists that it's his right and needs to be there.

What a hypocrite. The guy makes me sick

The RC church has a traditional policy that only men can be priests.

A group of old men selected under this policy are about to elect someone, who if not already a bishop, has to be put through the process of becoming one before taking office.

Most unlikely that any change will occur under such a system, designed as it is to prevent change.

Should churches change their basic practices? or should the congregation vote with their feet, and become Anglicans, or Methodists?

Some Anglicans are unhappy about the prospect of having a male priest who has been ordained by a (gasp of horror here) FEMALE bishop; so it's unlikely that RCs will approve of female priests, let alone bishops and surely not Popes

whats wrong with a middle aged white dude?

....wearing a dress....

---------- Post added 26-02-2013 at 00:54 ----------

really when was Joan of Arc ordained..which is the person I mentioned in my post,Iv already apologised for what may be a mythical female pope ....do try to keep up its not as though its a long thread

the legandary pope joan was a different joan to the joan of arc joan

Archived