Race wars, is it coming to a town near you?

Race war? No

Class war? Quite possibly.

And a class war would achieve exactly what? Give me one example where a class war did not cause years of upheaval, financial ruin and misery afterwards?

---------- Post added 22-02-2013 at 16:23 ----------

So the founder of a Christian sect with approximately 75 million adherents isn't a Christian?

Probably not considering the times he lived in.

Thomas More comes to mind also. Martyred himeslf for his Catholic faith but the truth was that prior to his death he had "heretics" burned at the stake.

In doing that he lost all claim to being a true member of his faith and the Christian religion

And a class war would achieve exactly what? Give me one example where a class war did not cause years of upheaval, financial ruin and misery afterwards?

Did I say it would achieve anything?

I agree it would lead to years of upheaval, financial ruin and misery and probably achieve nothing but a thinning of the population.

But I do think if things carry on the way they are - and let's face it politicians seem unable to do anything, trouble is almost innevitable.

i was thinking more along the lines of general asian/black/yemini/arab/Ethiopian/Pakistani/Indian/Sudanese/Chinese/. getting to the point where they think enough is enough, we have been abused/ignored/marshaled into slums with very little support.

then they think the"whites" should just keep the hell out of their way!.and maybe some of the more militant among them will start to take steps to keep them out with force.

i was thinking more along the lines of general asian/black/yemini/arab/Ethiopian/Pakistani/Indian/Sudanese/Chinese/. getting to the point where they think enough is enough, we have been abused/ignored/marshaled into slums with very little support.

then they think the"whites" should just keep the hell out of their way!.and maybe some of the more militant among them will start to take steps to keep them out with force.

That won't happen either. Ever.

Did I say it would achieve anything?

I agree it would lead to years of upheaval, financial ruin and misery and probably achieve nothing but a thinning of the population.

But I do think if things carry on the way they are - and let's face it politicians seem unable to do anything, trouble is almost innevitable.

Much of the problems are due to the global economy. What happens in Greece affects us all for example. What happens to the Euro affects the US economy and the Chinese economy. How well or poor the Chinese economy performs affects the EU and the US.

There is no silver bullet. The western economies are struggling to emerge from the worst recession since the Great Depression and it will take some time. Some financial experts have predicted that it could take as long as the better part of a decade.

I dont know what you mean by trouble? What kind of trouble? Riots and civil disobedience wont solve anything. Generally they are utterly counter productive as many businesses get looted or vandalized and there's nothing like instability that drives away future investment.

South Central Los Angeles, scene of several riots between 1965 and 1991 still hasnt recovered and probably never will in the foreseeable future.

The way to attract investment is to give generous tax incentives along with a potential work force which is educated and of course social stability goes with it as well

Archived