Looking for family in walkley

crazy1955

hi i know this isa long shot i am trying to trace a smith family that lived at 36 bowesroad walkley or family of mr ward who lived at 57 shirehall road in the forties these were my dads relatives if anyone can help i would be grateful

Have never heard of Bowes Rd in Walkley. It might possibly be Bowness Rd

that runs off Walkley Lane Sorry cannot help on name.

The 1942 directory shows "Edwin Smith, warehouseman" at 36 Bower Road (not far from Walkley) and "James Arthur Ward, tram inspector" at 57 Shirehall Road. The next directory I have is that of 1954, by this time J.A. Ward had moved away, and "Mrs Elizabeth Smith" was at 30 Bower Road. By 1964, "George W. Smith" was the householder (maybe a son of Edwin and Elizabeth?)

thank you so much for replying to my search i believe it was my great grandmother that lived at this address this is the address of my fathers grandmother she was down has is legal guardion when he was put in the homes by his mother his mother lived on shirehall road in shiregreen area he was put in the homes in 1940 from 262 shirehall road thats where is mother lived

---------- Post added 13-02-2013 at 11:01 ----------

she was known has dorethey thomas

Archived