Republic the latest chain to call in administrators

Let's be clear about this.

The "Global Recession" (no such thing happened) is not to blame for Republic's woes.

The "condems" (playground language doesn't become you) are not to blame for Republic's woes.

The "cuts" are not to blame for Republic's woes.

"People being afraid to spend" is not to blame for Republic's woes.

"Not having the money to begin with" is not to blame for Republic's woes.

Sometimes, crap stuff just happens. The market and the customers seems to have moved on in the case of Republic. That's a very sad thing for Republic and their people, but retail as an industry is flourishing.

People don't have money and are afraid to spend because of the cuts, caused by the government - It's all connected. "Crap stuff" just doesn't happen, not in economics. Not in Business. But you know that T, don't let your blind devotion to this govt. blind you from whats really going on.

People don't have money and are afraid to spend because of the cuts, caused by the government - It's all connected. "Crap stuff" just doesn't happen, not in economics. Not in Business. But you know that T, don't let your blind devotion to this govt. blind you from whats really going on.

So if I set a shop up and sold rubbish at high prices it'd be the government's fault that it went bust?

I don't think you can blame the government because Republic have had to bring in the administrators.

As a few others have said, the store did cater more for the late teenage boy and girl. It's not a shop I wouldn't even consider looking in when out clothes shopping and I'm far from been old. How many people want jumpers, t-shirts, hats with logos saying " swag " and " believe the hype " splashed a crossed the front.

Stores like River Island, H & M, Next have a much wider range of clothes, you're just as likely to see a 18 year old shopping in them as you are someone who's in their 40's.

but not the recession? ie not having the money to buy it at all?

There are still plenty of normal people that have plenty of money to spend despite what the doom and gloom merchants on here keep telling us.

Maybe the average 18 year old has now realised they can now buy 4 poor quality outfits from Primark for the price of one from Republic.

Archived