Just Add Fuel - only Peugeot?

Is it only Peugeot that do the 'Just Add Fuel' 3 year scheme which includes, in a monthly payment...

new car

insurance

road side assistance

servicing

plus MOT, Tax, and warrenty (which you wouldnt pay for on a brand new car in first 3 years, so a bit of a swizz!...if i wanted warrenty i would go for something like a KIA for example)

correct me if im wrong on any of the above!!!

Im considering this as an option to a) get a new car b) just pay one monthly amount c) protect me from huge garage bills as I dont have any savings and dont have anything to save!

any experience of these lease schemes? I will hopfully be able to px my car in as deposit, not sure if i can yet though...

much obliged to you all!

Thanks denomis, very useful..i have seen similar threads on money saving expert, thing with my situation is that my non fuel costs are about 150 quid a month so 'if' i can get a quote for around that price, i get a new car for very little...

it sounds too good to be true and probably is but i will get a quote and then take it from there....just wondering what the catch is...

Google Personal Contract Hire - that's basically the same as the Just Add Fuel scheme.

There's also Personal Contract Purchase which is roughly the same but you have the option to buy at the end of the term.

I've done a PCP before but not a PCH. I believe that you can add maintenance to a PCH plan to get the likes of servicing, tyres, tax and what not. Not sure about the insurance though.

I may be wrong, but I believe that, to lease a car in this way requires a few thousand pounds deposit, on top of the monthly payments.

EG a £10k car might ask, say, for a £4,500 deposit, plus, 3 years at £150/ month,. so the bargain might not be as you thought.

There are lots of caveats on the scheme, such as limited mileage, minimum age and existing NCD on your insurance, penalties for damage and so on, and a big deposit.

Best thing to do is work out all your motoring outgoings - fuel, insurance, servicing and so on, read the fine print, then read it again and see if it works out good value.

Archived