Pig meat found in 100% beef meatballs

Blinks

They should have checked out our trophy cupboard as well while they were there. They'd have found mothballs.

---------- Post added 14-02-2013 at 16:00 ----------

Those Korean meat balls at Aldi are the dog's b-----ks!

As in, literally?

I dont know what all the fuss is about. we all know that sausage, kebabs, hot dogs, et al are all full of the parts that arent eaten elsewhere and no-one has died or got ill becuase they have eaten pig, cow, sheep, deer, dog, cat, horse or guinea pig (delicacy in other countries)

since when did the horse become the animal we cant eat, i've had kangaroo, squid, snail and god knows what else without knowing what it is. as long as the animal is killed in the quickest and most humane manner possible (which is more important than the type of animal killed) and the meat is cooked properly then i couldn't care if it was dolly the sheep or black beauty.

Other countries eat horse and other animals so why not here?

I dont know what all the fuss is about. we all know that sausage, kebabs, hot dogs, et al are all full of the parts that arent eaten elsewhere and no-one has died or got ill becuase they have eaten pig, cow, sheep, deer, dog, cat, horse or guinea pig (delicacy in other countries)

since when did the horse become the animal we cant eat, i've had kangaroo, squid, snail and god knows what else without knowing what it is. as long as the animal is killed in the quickest and most humane manner possible (which is more important than the type of animal killed) and the meat is cooked properly then i couldn't care if it was dolly the sheep or black beauty.

Horse meat in itself isn't an issue..it's the fact that it wasn't labelled and the possibilty that it could contain leftover medication that could be harmful to human health..

Yep I've no problem eating horse or eating the crap parts of the animal, but it's not right to tell people it's beef when it's actually horse and pork.

After all if it was a tasty looking chop/steak they wouldn't have to mince it up and squeeze it into a sausage shape to get people to eat them.

Its a matter of provenance and not being misled into thinking that you're eating something that you're not.

Archived