£80 Fine for spitting & urinating in public

I understand the reasoning behind this, but it's going to be difficult to police, surely?!

People spit for legitimate reasons, especially when running or exercising ect.

People always trot out this cobblers. It amazes me how strongly people defend their right to be a dirty ****!

99.9% of the time it will be easy to distinguish between a legitimate spit and someone just being dirty, and a police officer will use his/her discretion.

---------- Post added 13-02-2013 at 16:11 ----------

It's how we deal with stuff now...Fines.

So whats your suggestion for dealing with it then?

Anyone who spits in the street should be fined triple, scrubbers, plain and simple!!

I also like how the younger generation mostly get blamed for this sort of behaviour, every time I've witnessed it its been the older generation responsible, the most recent being a dirty old scrotebag throwing a cider can outside my house, he seemed to look quite embarrassed when I started banging on the window and shouting at him, dirty tramp!

1. the disgraceful lack of public toilets

2. various medical conditions

Thing is, if you try to be discreet and go down an alleyway, it's still classed as 'urinating in the street'. That's crazy, just what is someone supposed to do if they desperately need to urinate and there's no toilets available?

People with medical problems could carry plastic containers for their condition.

People with medical problems could carry plastic containers for their condition.

Poppet, genuine question do you mean for peeing? the only reason I ask & it's not a bad idea, is that some over zealous copper could still nick someone, as technically its still peeing in the street & exposing yourself.

As I say it is a good idea.

People with legitimate medical conditions would never be fined for urinating or spitting in the street due to their circumstances, they would simply contest the fine and present a medical history, this law is to fine all those inconsiderate enough who find it acceptable behaviour to foul our streets.

People with legitimate medical conditions would never be fined for urinating or spitting in the street due to their circumstances, they would simply contest the fine and present a medical history, this law is to fine all those inconsiderate enough who find it acceptable behaviour to foul our streets.

Glad you've put that jonnyboy, I'm just off out to pee in neighbours garden & gob on their floor :hihi::hihi:

Poppet, genuine question do you mean for peeing? the only reason I ask & it's not a bad idea, is that some over zealous copper could still nick someone, as technically its still peeing in the street & exposing yourself.

As I say it is a good idea.

I think Jonny8oy has answered that admirably.

By the way most ladies prefer to say 'going for a widdle', just sounds nicer. :)

Civilization at its simplest form to me is clean water in, waste safely out. Not enough public conveniences out there, I am sure with the amount of stainless scrap in Sheffield we could mold some self cleaning solid cast utilities. Lots of diseases can be spread easily by spitting and should be done without danger to the public.

as long as you have prostate problems and chronic bronchitus you,ll be fine, if not you,ll be fined:)

As I say I take 3 water tablets a day and have heart failure, which means I pee on average 30+ times a day I think I'll meet the criteria, if ever I need to.:)

Poppet2 widdle is okay if you're say 6 :hihi:

Archived