£80 Fine for spitting & urinating in public

People always trot out this cobblers. It amazes me how strongly people defend their right to be a dirty ****!

99.9% of the time it will be easy to distinguish between a legitimate spit and someone just being dirty, and a police officer will use his/her discretion.

---------- Post added 13-02-2013 at 16:11 ----------

So whats your suggestion for dealing with it then?

I can't imagine many police officers being able to enforce a fine against someone who's exercising.

They'd need to be able to catch them first :hihi:

As well as bodily fluids, I'm surprised that councils don't fine organisations that give out flyers to revellers on Friday and Saturday night. The pavements & roads are a disgrace on Division Street and West Street - strewn with flyers and other promotional material. Granted, it's not as much as a health hazzard as gob or urine, but someone has still got to clear them all up!

This bit I find interesting:

"Last year, Enfield Council announced plans to introduce a by-law to ban spitting but is still waiting for the government to approve it.

"Waltham Forest claims it has been able to get around the bureaucracy of introducing a by-law by deciding to class spit and urine as "waste".

I think Enfield have gone about this the right way and that the Waltham Forest by-law is wrong by classing it as waste, and I'm sure could be challenged in the Courts.

Will they now be targeting dog owners that let there dogs pee where they want?

This bit I find interesting:

"Last year, Enfield Council announced plans to introduce a by-law to ban spitting but is still waiting for the government to approve it.

"Waltham Forest claims it has been able to get around the bureaucracy of introducing a by-law by deciding to class spit and urine as "waste".

I think Enfield have gone about this the right way and that the Waltham Forest by-law is wrong by classing it as waste, and I'm sure could be challenged in the Courts.

Will they now be targeting dog owners that let there dogs pee where they want?

Dog owners should always clear up their dog mess of course, but pee is a bit tricky. I'd hate to see people deprived of the company of dogs because of a bye law about this.

---------- Post added 14-02-2013 at 20:06 ----------

I'll just put this here.

And for the

jb

Brilliant-but I need one for elderly ladies in surgical stockings too old to squat.

Any ideas?

Archived