Places to stay in London for the Rugby

Hi All

I will be going to Twickenham to watch the England v Italy match on sunday the 10th of March.

I've never been to London before, so I was looking to head down the saturday and stay over saturday night and maybe take in a little of the famed London nightlife. However I have very little knowledge of London so I was looking for a few tips as places to stay, and places where the nightlife is good, but not all too far from Twickenham!

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you for the link :)

I have done some research and looking around on various sites, but its a bit bewildering as to where to start, as I'm not familiar with the geography and reputations of the various areas of London.

I believe Twickenham is in Richmond but I guess the hotels in that immediate area will be expensive for the match weekend so I wanted to find somewhere near that also was 'safe' and had had links to somewhere with good nightlife. Someone suggested Ealing to me, so I'm looking there at the moment.

Richmond is on the tube so easily accessible. I'd stay central for nightlife, anywhere around Leicester Square, look on lastminute.com for some Top Secret deals. or just look at atube map and stay anywhere along the District Line meaning you don't have to change tubes.

For a cheapy cheapy hotel and parking, travelodge at Heston services is worth a go - I paid about £35 a few weeks back.

Nightlife will be lacking though ;););)

Lol, serously try last minute, I got the Crowne Plaza on Buckingham Gate for £89 a night a few weeks ago. Or the Millenium Hotel in Chelsea always has offers on and pretty decent nightlife on King's Road if not a bit hoorah henry.

Wear red trousers and you'll fit right in!

Archived