Kate Middleton bikini bump photo.

It may not be right but I think it is lawful to do so.

The problem is the rich and famous seem to think that they are exempt from the law.

The other problem is that a lot of pseudo-journalists think they are exempt from politeness and decency.

Yes, Mrs Mantel does seek attention. Shame on her.

Considering this was written several weeks ago and was then later pounced on by the gutter press I doubt it. Mantel does not need attention as her books are top sellers anyway.

Have you read what she wrote BTW as it's a good bit of writing and was not initially about the plastic princess.

Shame on you for jumping on the press bandwagon.

I also find it slightly disturbing that the same cult of personality that drove Diana into a coffin, still exists today. The same insidious hunger eating up commemorative plates and full page glossy spreads of the Royal fetus. It now has a new face, but the same shrill tone exists. Wanting more and more pictures but being mad at the photographer. Wanting magazines and being mad at the invasion of privacy.

Yes, Mrs Mantel does seek attention. Shame on her.

Did you read the online version of the speech she gave?

Do you think that a highly respected novelist would want the kind of attention the Mail gave her? Her words taken out of context and deliberately distorted? Thousands of hostile comments from knee-jerk Mail readers who can't tell the different between what that paper prints and what might resemble the truth even a tiny bit?

Do you think there might be something in the fact that Mantel was attacking the press when she made that speech that has caused this?

Or do you just really, honestly, seriously think she wanted to have a go at Kate Middleton to gain attention?

Archived