Where did you find your wedding photographer..

Hi, I'm a wedding photographer and am looking at various ways of advertising.

If you have booked a photographer can you let me know where you found them. It will give me a better idea of where to invest my money.

An advert in good wedding magazine costs around 1,000 so I need to tread carefully.

Thank you :-)

Hi,

I get a lot of my weddings through recommendations but the other two things that really work is social networking (posting photos you have taken and if you get the clients permission tag them in a couple of there best wedding photos.)

The other thing I have found really useful is wedding shows.

Best of luck with it all,

Amie Parsons

---------- Post added 18-02-2013 at 07:31 ----------

[/color]...and google advertising is another one...

I completely agree with the last post from Amie, recommendations and word of mouth are a huge portion of my business and its really rewarding to hear how brides I have worked with describe our services to their friends.

Otherwise social networking, wedding fayres (though these can be difficult to get into and expensive) or PPC advertising.

• 1 month later...

Hi, thanks for the help Guys, but Im not totally sure you have all understood my questioning. I currently do get around 30 weddings a year from recommendations.

However my questioning is about advertising outside this circle, in order to correctly spend my advertising budget.

I am also aware of all the possible avenues such as Facebook, ppc, print, fairs, etc.

The reason for my post was really for real world brides to simply let me know how they found their photographer. If I could get real data that would of course have value.

Hi, thanks for the help Guys, but Im not totally sure you have all understood my questioning. I currently do get around 30 weddings a year from recommendations.

However my questioning is about advertising outside this circle, in order to correctly spend my advertising budget.

I am also aware of all the possible avenues such as Facebook, ppc, print, fairs, etc.

The reason for my post was really for real world brides to simply let me know how they found their photographer. If I could get real data that would of course have value.

i havent decided on mine yet but one of ones i have looked at (alot) i have found 2 i like. both off google

I am tidying up this thread as it has gone off track. The OP would like to know about the best forms of advertising, they are not looking for a photographer themselves.

If you need a photographer please post an ad in the jobs section of the forum.

Hi OP, after lots of searching on the net to no luck ( we wanted to know about their personality etc as well), we found ours at the Hilton Wedding Fayre being able to chat face to face and see their photos was the best way to chose for us, hope I helps :)

Archived