Anybody had a kitchen fitted recently?

I got mine from Howdens and local builder fitted.

Quartz worktops from a place opp Ron Hulls Scrap yard

Cheers brumpts, I'll have a look at howden, tbh I've heard their good on price but thought their tops were limited so I could source them from a different place.

5 -10k range mate, plus I had some items tailor made which were built on site.well worth a look, we were really impressed with it.

Two cookers, microwave, full size dishwasher,fridge freezer, 5 ring hob with large ring for stir fry, washing machine, extractor, sink, taps. Take the misses for a drive to Ikea and speak to the staff at the kitchen centre. They will talk you through it and the hot dogs are lovely.

I have recently used Ikea for my kitchen. I took in the measurements for my kitchen, picked the design and fittings, they input it in to the computer. After a couple of changes a surveyor comes out to finalise details and arrange a date for fitting.

Excellent job.

Until you have had te kitchen for about six months. That is when the wooden worktop, which you have lovingly sealed according to IKEA's instructions, turns out to be entirely unsuitable for use in a kitchen (to quote the expert sent out by IKEA), the valves on the tap give up the ghost, the oven stops working and the hinges on two of the doors disintegrate. All of which, according to IKEA and their experts, is very, very unusual. Imagine my surprise when I heard that the self-same thing happened to four other families (in various areas of the country) who also made the mistake of buying an IKEA kitchen. All of us had it fitted by professionals, two by IKEA fitters. All of us were fed the same lies by the totally mis-named IKEA Customer Service. Just saying ...

9 months in and no problems!

I once had a ford Sierra from new. I had so many problems with it, that eventually ford took it back. Lots of people own fords and have no problems whatsoever.

It's the same with any item you buy. Millions may have no problems but a few do.

9 months in and no problems!

I once had a ford Sierra from new. I had so many problems with it, that eventually ford took it back. Lots of people own fords and have no problems whatsoever.

It's the same with any item you buy. Millions may have no problems but a few do.

Fair enough. However, when five out of five families within one circle of acquaintance have near-identical problems with IKEA kitchens purchased from four different stores and installed by five separate companies, you have to wonder if that indicates a problem rather than a mere statistical outlier. And the customer service really is utterly abysmal, also across the board.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived