1963 Winter Tales

gracie

Ater that I bought a Austin Cambridge [two tone green] from Bawtry Auctions that also had holes in the floor , I concreted over them but had a job stopping the car at the bottom of East Bank Road.

I loved that two toned green colour,light and dark!.At that time I had a black Austin A50,the shocks were on their last legs so every time I ran over a bump it bounced up and down for ages!.It was a nice car apart from the steering wheel position,it was right in your line of vision,not to forget the column gear stick!.I was stupid to sell it but I had my eye on a Jaguar Mk 9 which only did 15 to the gallon,it took all my cash to run it but it was a minter and my girlfriends loved the cavernous rear seat,nuff said!.:roll::rolleyes::D

I loved that two toned green colour,light and dark!.At that time I had a black Austin A50,the shocks were on their last legs so every time I ran over a bump it bounced up and down for ages!.It was a nice car apart from the steering wheel position,it was right in your line of vision,not to forget the column gear stick!.I was stupid to sell it but I had my eye on a Jaguar Mk 9 which only did 15 to the gallon,it took all my cash to run it but it was a minter and my girlfriends loved the cavernous rear seat,nuff said!.:roll::rolleyes::D

Never been a better rear seat than a Jags with Connelly leather .

Although the squeak was off putting on the vinegar stroke:hihi:

I lived on reney avenue greenhill and was 7 at the time,ice on the inside of the windows

but it always was warm in bed,a quick dash down stairs to the front room fire in my dressing ground and mum had the oven on ,door opened in the kitchen,the snow seemed high to a lad of that age,but I think it was every time it snowed it was piled up

and as it didn't thaw it created a walk way that seemed trenched,but I also remember

the grit lorry on lowedges road with men on the back shovelling the grit in freezing cold

conditions on to the road,no health/safety much in those days,but good times and summers always seemed warmer.