All the 'good' people are criminals

Selected by whom? Your idea sounds like North Korea.

Juries are selected randomly by the way. You're suggesting we select a government by sticking a pin in the electoral roll.

I know, this is why I said selected along the same lines as a jury.

Sticking a pin in the electoral roll to select MP's can't be any worse than the MP's we end up with now.

the ancient greeks used to elect their leaders using that method. a group of men considered to be the wisest available would agree on the most suitable person to oversee things & they would be appointed for a set period.

invariably the person elected didnt wish to spend their time in that way but would agree out of a sense of duty.

our current leaders set out to gain power for their personal gain & are prepared to do just about anything to get their snouts in the trough. at least it appears that way to me. it was lord acton who commented on 'power tends to corrupt' as previously mentioned & i think he was correct in that assertion.

[/color]

Thankfully there is a tradition in this country that is distrustful of authority figures....Pity we seem to lack the motivation to do something about it!

Do you think so?

I think our ingrained deference to the upper classes and the old boy network allows them to get away with murder.

We can't do anything about it, it's not lack of motivation...

Archived