Should you buy a Valentines Day card when your married?

Course you should......if you want to. Married 26 yrs and gave her a card this morning, out for a nice meal later. Nothing at all to do with getting brownie points on the board for going fishing/ blades matches. :hihi:

You must love throwing your money a way on a total waste. ;)

I though Valentines cards were supposed to be an anonymous token of affection??

that's like saying easter is a religious occasion

for some it still is, but for most of us it's just an excuse to pig out on chocolate

embrace it, enjoy it and give thanks that you have someone to give a valentine card to and that you have someone who wants to give you one ;):love:

I have done - but only because the alternate would be grief from my dearly beloved.

It's not that I dont adore her - I do and she has given me beautiful children - but we've been together 15 years and married 12......I though Valentines cards were supposed to be an anonymous token of affection??

What does the forum think?

Nope !

Money making racket - hate it

What does the forum think?
Don't know about the Forum, but me thinks that a half-decent bottle of champagne (the proper stuff, not a Cava, Prosecco or some other such nonsense) is a much wiser spend, as a bit of a 'special day extravagance', than a bit of printed cardboard and a vastly-overpriced bundle of wilting-by-the-minute flowers (which you can -and should- buy throughout the year instead).

With a bit of forewarning (which most blokes with a smartphone should be able to manage in this day and age, what with setting a reminder or somesuch :hihi:), i.e. buy it when it's on offer well before 14 Feb, it probably works out even cheaper than the said card and flowers.

Archived