London families forced North for housing

What a ridiculous government policy. They are forcing unemployed and employed people on housing benefit, up North for housing, were there are even less chances of getting a job.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21456057

Odd that you blame the government.

Labour-run authority said it was looking at areas as far as Bradford, Leicester and Birmingham to house them

The last government should shoulder most of the blame because they increased the population whilst degreasing housing supply; it’s not rocket science to figure out what the consequences would be.

The Condems want London to have a prettier face, so the rich can make more money there and keep it in their overseas bank accounts. The poor are a blot on the landscape. This "economic cleansing" started a while back. London is too good for them, but Sheffield isn't apparently.

I'm looking forward to 5 years time when they realise the bins weren't emptying themselves.

I don't think any binmen have been affected by the government limiting handouts to £500 a week.

I don't think any binmen with families can afford to live in private rented accommodation in Camden or anywhere near. Once the Tories have sold off all the social housing in London with huge new discounts, who are they going to get to do it? Commuting on that wage isn't going to be worth it.

I don't think any binmen with families can afford to live in private rented accommodation in Camden or anywhere near. Once the Tories have sold off all the social housing in London with huge new discounts, who are they going to get to do it? Commuting on that wage isn't going to be worth it.

If the Labour council in Camden choose to deplete their housing stock as you seem to think they are then we can hardly blame the government for it can we?

They wil probably build some houses if their bins can't get emptied, but ~I think you are creating a problem where none exists.

The issue the OP highlighted is freeloaders who've been living it up in fancy houses at our expense because of their huge broods. Now the poor little mites will have to scrape by on "only" £500 a week of our money, so they're all "homeless" because we stopped paying for their incredibly expensive houses and we have to feel sorry for them.

Worlds smallest violin and all that.

Most service workers in Camden are based in Luton,and similar satellites.They cannot afford London living costs.

If the Labour council in Camden choose to deplete their housing stock as you seem to think they are then we can hardly blame the government for it can we?

They wil probably build some houses if their bins can't get emptied, but ~I think you are creating a problem where none exists.

The issue the OP highlighted is freeloaders who've been living it up in fancy houses at our expense because of their huge broods. Now the poor little mites will have to scrape by on "only" £500 a week of our money, so they're all "homeless" because we stopped paying for their incredibly expensive houses and we have to feel sorry for them.

Worlds smallest violin and all that.

Right to Buy and the new Right to Buy are Camden Council policies? Ok then.

By the way, there's a thread further down that you haven't commented on yet.

---------- Post added 14-02-2013 at 22:26 ----------

Most service workers in Camden are based in Luton,and similar satellites.They cannot afford London living costs.

Good job rail fares are about to go up massively then.

Archived