London families forced North for housing

Tea Fan

Well done for reminding readers that the tories forced all councils to make houses available for sale at a discount.Any Labour council selling houses does so to comply with the law,not to fulfil their own objectives.

Do you think the right to buy is wrong then? I dont myself,the problem was the housing stock was not replaced thats the problem,not having aspirations to better oneself.

Right to Buy and the new Right to Buy are Camden Council policies? Ok then.

By the way, there's a thread further down that you haven't commented on yet.

I think they still have the right to build. Knock up a couple of HLMs and the "problem" they are whining about is sorted.

Not sure what the other thread you refer to is?

Tea Fan

Well done for reminding readers that the tories forced all councils to make houses available for sale at a discount.Any Labour council selling houses does so to comply with the law,not to fulfil their own objectives.

Absolutely correct BUT Labour were in long enough to change that law, weren't they? At least you know you get what it says on the tin with the Tories. :gag: Unlike Labour, and especially unlike the LibDems, or a wide range of 'beef' products available in our supermarkets.

---------- Post added 15-02-2013 at 00:39 ----------

Do you think the right to buy is wrong then? I dont myself,the problem was the housing stock was not replaced thats the problem,not having aspirations to better oneself.

It was Thatcher's policy that council tenants should have the right to buy and also that the proceeds could not be put back in to repleneshing the council housing stock.

What a wonderful, compassionate, human being.

The Condems want London to have a prettier face, so the rich can make more money there and keep it in their overseas bank accounts. The poor are a blot on the landscape. This "economic cleansing" started a while back. London is too good for them, but Sheffield isn't apparently.

Its London, shifting their problems some where else.

What are you talking about?

Didn't you know that 93% of people in receipt of housing benefit in London are working households and therefore taxpayers, like yourself? Rents have just outstripped demand.

Not sure what that has to do with anything. If my rent went up to a point where I couldnt afford it why should I expect someone else to foot the bill? I should down size or move to a cheaper area whether im employed or unemployed.

I think you mean demand has outstripped supply- hence rents go up. Thats how a free market works.

Nothing wrong with renting....the aspiration to own your own home without sufficient means is the problem. As many people are finding out

Odd that you blame the government.

The last government should shoulder most of the blame because they increased the population whilst degreasing housing supply; it’s not rocket science to figure out what the consequences would be.

my bold

how do you degrease housing supply? :suspect::huh::help:

Archived