Burglaries in Holmhirst, Woodseats

jemson

agreed, since when was it a sin to feel safe enough to leave the door unlocked while you're in? Says alot about the world we live in and the 'real' ability of the police to tackle this kind of crime.

---------- Post added 15-02-2013 at 15:57 ----------

but as long as this is the accepted wisdom nothing will change, this kind of thing needs tackling as the source, not at the end of the chain, making the innocent pay and live in fear.

What is the source? Acquisitive offences are committed for a variety of offences some as a way of making a living cos its easier than working,others in order to obtain money for drugs, some for the sheer fun of it, opportunists, peer pressure and others just to take whats yours.

If this was the accepted wisdom, everyone would make things a little harder for them by looking at their home security.

As I say you do not need to make your home in to fort Knox, just a little harder for them to gain entry.

Those officers were actually doing a good thing by making people know how susceptible they are to sneak in burglaries. One thing is certain, they will be locking their back doors.

What is the source? Acquisitive offences are committed for a variety of offences some as a way of making a living cos its easier than working,others in order to obtain money for drugs, some for the sheer fun of it, opportunists, peer pressure and others just to take whats yours.

If this was the accepted wisdom, everyone would make things a little harder for them by looking at their home security.

As I say you do not need to make your home in to fort Knox, just a little harder for them to gain entry.

Those officers were actually doing a good thing by making people know how susceptible they are to sneak in burglaries. One thing is certain, they will be locking their back doors.

The source is a very complex mix of social factors including a culture of acceptance and an under funded police force with no proper penalties for people who commit these acts.

I object to being told the solution to this is to make your own little bit of the world a little bit more secure at the expense of a neighbor, and especially when its the police going around making people feel guilty for what is at the end of the day an issue they are partly responsible for.

The source is a very complex mix of social factors including a culture of acceptance and an under funded police force with no proper penalties for people who commit these acts.

I object to being told the solution to this is to make your own little bit of the world a little bit more secure at the expense of a neighbor, and especially when its the police going around making people feel guilty for what is at the end of the day an issue they are partly responsible for.

Hey ho, you crack on and live in your own little world then. I don't think the police are intending to make people feel guilty, just advising them with regards to the security of their own property. It's their job, it's called Crime Prevention.

And what are they responsible for?

If your home has a upvc door the locks are very vunerable and burgulars can get in very quickly in under a minute in some cases .

If you wish to upgrade to a much more secure lock cylinder please give me bell and I will be happy to quote you a price. I fit the very best available police approved

Contact me James on 07989894561 or visit my website http://www.jameshandyman.co.uk

If your home has a upvc door the locks are very vunerable and burgulars can get in very quickly in under a minute in some cases .

If you wish to upgrade to a much more secure lock cylinder please give me bell and I will be happy to quote you a price. I fit the very best available police approved

Contact me James on 07989894561 or visit my website http://www.jameshandyman.co.uk

that`s as maybe, but time and time again - as in this thread the lock is not the point of entry.

can you clarify what is "police approved" you or the lock (I doubt either but there you go)

sorry to spoil your sales pitch..

Archived