Mr Crabtree goes fishing..

BigDonWizzle

Has anyone watched this and what do you think.. i watched first episode where they caught the tench .. wasnt keen when he took the rod of that young lad n lost the fish, then in second ep the your lad told him to calm down because he was making the lad nervous. and last night i thought he took mick abit when that young lad had monster carp on surely he could have netted them fish much quicker the fish was only aft in front of him and he was just stood there with net in hand saying lift rod up.. puddin .

After everything I've read on forums about this program I thought I'll have a look.

I stood it for about 10 mins before I switched it over, what a load of tripe. I know that anglers are starved of angling on tv but I need something better than this to interest me.

There's plenty of angling programs on Discovery of the same ilk, all tripe, take that Robson Green his fishing program is more tripe.

Nothing in fishing is new perhaps better tackle wise but the fishing is the same unless you think commercials are a backward step.

If there was a show giving information on tactics, methods & feeding to help folk that struggle with these parts of our sport, that may be of use to some.

Do we really want to see this rubbish.

i've not seen mr. crabtree so can't comment on it but as sheff 13 says, there aren't any decent fishing programmes on. the one with geoffrey palmer and his mate supposedly following in izaak walton's footsteps is shocking.

extreme fishing could be good with a serious angler presenting it (chris tarrant perhaps?).

the most informative programmes are the ones with matt hayes and mick brown but they could be better.

Rather than stuff on TV i prefer to watch fishing blogs on Youtube.

Instead of 'celeb' fisherman plugging their range you just get genuine guys fishing for the pleasure of it & videoing it, you get tips, idea's etc... but its more of a case of them simply showing their rig/setup rather than them shoving it down your throat that its some form of 'super rig' & without it you'll never catch :)

He seems a bit too creepy for me the way he touches the kids and calls them good boys or girls, I'm not saying he's a paedophile or anything but he just seems fake and creepy with the kids.

And he needs to take that ratchet off on his centre pin it drives me crazy.

i love how he takes a kid fishing and always seems to catch the first fish, taking a youngster out fishing should be about them!!! really think it has been a poor series, my personal favourites are a passion for anling and more recently catching the impossible with martin bowler!!! am looking forward to seeking shadows aswell which is martins new programme which was filmed last year.

i love how he takes a kid fishing and always seems to catch the first fish, taking a youngster out fishing should be about them!!!

Completely agree. The main desire is to give them the fishing bug and make them feel a sense of achievement.

I even let my daughter beat me 11 to 7 perch on the canal a few months ago lol!

Completely agree. The main desire is to give them the fishing bug and make them feel a sense of achievement.

I even let my daughter beat me 11 to 7 perch on the canal a few months ago lol!

thats how it should be mate if the people i went with when i was younger caught all the fish and i was stood there watching, i would be playing golf or snooker or something now, not fishing :)

Archived