Callous cash for crash men given 10 years

This crime type has a particular bugbear with me. Every time I get an insurance quote it's reflected by their actions. But more importantly they don't give a **** about life. Maybe the sentence should reflect how important life is...by removing it for 25yrs.

They didn't mean to cause death just isn't good enough IMO.

Well said :thumbsup:

the foreign criminals should be returned to their homeland to serve the sentences. even if the government had to paid for them, the cost and comfort would be a lot less then keeping them here.

Are you referring to those convicted in this case? Do we know they are not British citizens?

They look remarkably like imported criminals, plenty of them around nowadays.

I am not saying there aren't. I am asking if we know they are not British citizens. I'm afraid what they look like as a basis for judgement is fraught with difficulty and wide open to error. What are the criteria to look like an an imported criminal? Be involved in a crime and look a bit foreign or have a foreign sounding name? That would cover a lot of British citizens.

Bielawski, 24 and Kowalczyk, 32 were both jailed for a total of 10 years and three months for conspiracy to commit fraud, causing death by dangerous driving and conspiracy to pervert the cause of justice. Skowron, 25 who was to be paid an undisclosed fee for taking part in the scam, was jailed for 10 years.

Death by dangerous carries 14 years as a maximum - I can't quite work out of they had a trial or not nor what the sentence for the causing death offence was.

For murder you do not need to show an intention to kill -

Archived