Callous cash for crash men given 10 years

Who are the they you refer to? Who are you wanting to commit these murders on your behalf?

Executioners, employed by the state. The Pierrepoint's had a monopoly for a long time but given how many criminals the last government imported I think we could certainly employ more than one family to take on the task.

Executioners, employed by the state. The Pierrepoint's had a monopoly for a long time but given how many criminals the last government imported I think we could certainly employ more than one family to take on the task.

Does the idea of killing people turn you on?

Does the idea of killing people turn you on?

What a weird question.

I support the death penalty, you know that. I don't like people killing and getting away with it. You don't support the death penalty, I know that and I understand your reasons for it. We disagree.

No need to start suggesting it's some kind of fetish on either side.

No, that would be foolish.

Why should the consequece have any bearing on the offence? In feel that texting while driving for example should be the same sentence regardless of whether someone is killed or maimed as a result. Otherwise people will just think that they can get away with it.

Why should the consequece have any bearing on the offence? In feel that texting while driving for example should be the same sentence regardless of whether someone is killed or maimed as a result. Otherwise people will just think that they can get away with it.

I think the whole “causes death by...” add on to dangerous driving and careless driving is counterproductive. The bad drivers who take risks when driving do not expect to kill anyone, and so they do not temper their driving because of a higher sentence that they never expect to receive anyway. Once they have killed someone, then it is too late, so it doesn’t much matter what the sentence is, as it will not bring back the deceased. Unless they actually kill someone, any punishment is very small, even assuming they are caught, so there is nothing to persuade them to improve their driving.

It is the dangerous/careless driving that is the problem, and an expectation of being caught and punished for this (although this is unlikely at present without extra police patrols etc) might improve some drivers’ behaviour. The current system will not.

At present, once someone drives dangerously, they have stopped being in control of the situation. Whether or not someone else is killed or seriously injured is purely down to luck. So, if they are lucky to not kill someone, then little or no punishment. If they are unlucky and do kill someone, then a higher punishment. IMO, the punishment should be the same in both scenarios.

Archived