Sturdy reporters notepads wanted

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a sturdy notebook (preferably the reporters kind that you can flip over). I want to start using them for a journal that I carry around and get rid of the hardbacked books I use. I do some journalling on the laptop but still like to keep handwritten notes. I've tried the notepads in Smiths and Wilkos but they come apart in no time. Can anyone recommend anything a bit stronger?

Hecate, thanks for the link, these pads look good, do you use them for journals? Are they hard wearing?

I don't use them for journals, just for notes. They are hard-wearing: the paper is good quality and the cardboard cover is sturdy. The elastic band isn't so tight that it damages the paper/cardboard edges, nor is it so loose that it doesn't do its job of keeping the pages in place when the pad is loose in your bag.

I like Moleskine soft covers for anything other than quick notes. They're not reporter-style, but they do have an elastic band to keep the cover closed, which again is handy if you're carrying the pads around in your bag. I use the plain ones, but I think you can get them lined too.

Thanks for the other link Hecate, I have always fancied a Moleskin but they always seem so expensive but seem much cheaper on Amazon. The pocket notebooks look ideal but may be a bit small for a journal and get filled quickly, do you find this? I don't want to end up buying them too regularly :)

Archived