More Horsegate today - now it's your kids and the sick

I certainly don't see this as a political issue though.

If it is possible to introduce unregulated meat into the food chain, then goodness knows what other garbage is being used to dilute the product. It may be nothing or it may be a public health disaster in waiting. That makes it very much an FSA and thus political issue. Who else will protect the consumer?

This horse meat issue doesn't bother me from a personal point of view, as I never buy processed meat products. They are cheap for a reason.

To be honest I can't say that it bothers me much. Horse, cow, pig, rabbit, lamb, chicken, they are all edible animals.

Has anyone come to any harm from eating these products? Probably not.

I agree that if a product contains horse it should be labelled as such and people should have the choice whether to eat it or not. That is the issue here.

would you be happy to pay for a gold chain, only to find it's gold plated?

Or pay for a diamond ring, then find it's cubic zirconia?

To be honest I can't say that it bothers me much. Horse, cow, pig, rabbit, lamb, chicken, they are all edible animals.

Has anyone come to any harm from eating these products? Probably not.

I agree that if a product contains horse it should be labelled as such and people should have the choice whether to eat it or not. That is the issue here.

Doing dinner for the prodigal kids coming for the weekend - Got some garlic bread and a salad and some of those little duck spring rolls and sausage rolls left over in the freezer, and then an absolutely giant home-made shepherds pie made from scratch - in my Pyrex Dish - it's really big and I haven't used it since the 3 kids were little. They loved my Shepherds Pie. I got the best quality steak mince from my regular butcher and some lamb chops for next week - but standing on the doorstep finally made it home, with all the bags and rattling my handbag to find my keys - and.....there he was AGAIN! Well - there they were - a red squirrel and the next doors scary rabbit - must have escaped from the hutch. I thought it was my bad eyes and Glaucoma playing me up - missed my eyedrops yesterday and that always makes me blurry with a headache - ......but I got in the house, unpacked the shopping and opened the back door to go and put the rubbish and recycling out - and there they were again - a squirrel and a fat rabbit........really REALLY fat......his BMI was way high.....he must have been really suffering with high blood pressure due to his over eating and probably stealing nuts from his squirrel friend.

it was quite easy really - sitting ducks - well - sitting rabbit and squirrel - got grandads old shotgun ( he was in the War you know) and BA BOOM BAA BOOOM ....Good Shot!!!!I was quite proud of myself.

- i put the Shepherds Pie in the freezer and started to cook a lovely stew instead - there's nothing like fresh ingredients that you know where they came from - there was next doors adorable fluffy rabbit and a silly red squirrel with an absurdly bushy tail and big brown eyes, thats been hanging around my garden for at last 2 ....or is it 3 years....might be 4... 6 years - .I knew those nuts I put out would be a worthwhile investment. All the animals/pets surprisingly cut into cubes very easily and looked just like.....chicken.

Pop round next door and hold out a storage box with a portion of stew and mashed potato and steamed courgettes - and put on my best smile - We had too much, Mr Henry and thought you'd like some.....By the way, have you had any news about missing Playboy Bunny? He looked so sad and said 'no,.....I hope my lovely supper cheered him up. At least he still has the guniea pigs. For now. Maybe he;ll get a dog or cat next time...................or take up horse riding - aww bless.....More food for us it doesn't really matter where it came from does it - get a cat......feed it up....QUOTE Horse, cow, pig, rabbit, lamb, chicken, they are all edible animals. END OF QUOTE and voila - next christmas dinner - stuffed with chestnuts and truffles - doggie or kittie 0r rabbit or baby piglet, baby sheep, the horse you rode on holiday, ...... and it doesn't matter - no-one will know......Apply to Come Dine With me --awww go on go on - make them eat pets and tell them afterwards - it'll make great TV and you'll win £1000

....and now todays news is that horsemeat has been found in school and hospital meals. So all the doubters out there who say they can't see what the fuss is about.......your kids have been eating it at school - and you've been paying for it (not all school dinner children get them free due to Parents' Benefits) You Mums and Dads are Ok with that, are you?

And if you went in to hospital for an operation recently, you might have been served horse in that luke warm cottage pie.

Some 'adults' on here might say it's a story been blown out of proportion by the media.......but i can well imagine many many parents being furious at their kids been served horse under the guise of beef - without been informed so the more affluent ones could pack up a lunch themselves instead.

And what about the kids on ,Free School Meals, because that's all they get except a jam sandwich for tea.

This whole business is disgusting me - its penalising the poor again. But as things stand now - everyone vulnerable, is being affected regardless.

Lets hope thousands of Tory supporters will now be up in arms - and call for an early General Election.

Give the rich lower taxes, and feed their kids horse sneakily at school, - kick the poor into the gutter - and feed them horse as well because they can only afford the cheapest food---

--its a win win for Cameron and his Cronies at the moment.........-he must sing 'We're in the money......' in the shower.

---------- Post added 16-02-2013 at 04:36 ----------

There is a petition going here - http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45329

tell me, whats it got to do with the Tories?

[quote=

On top of that, by saying that poor kids only get a jam sandwich at teatime you're insulting and stigmatising the same families you claim to be defending. Poor kids don't just get jam sandwiches at teatime.

Oh yes they do - thats why the foodbanks have started up - what planet do you live on!!!!!!people are hungry and going without food in Sheffield - whats the matter with you? This is a fact.

---------- Post added 16-02-2013 at 08:49 ----------

tell me, whats it got to do with the Tories?

\errrrr. they're in charge....right? They are running the Country now? Clearly your tax bill has reduced.......

need to go back to the days..when you had proper school dinners and that little bottle of milk....and the dinners came freshly cooked in metal containers...

its the council who opted for the cheaper option to serve to the kids...

bring back the school cook....lovely cheese flan and semolina pudding..happy days

Complete over reaction by the council , a big fuss over nothing . Horsemeat is totally ok to eat ,and its served daily in many other countries. typical example of sheffield council in a flap and over reacting.

I don't want to eat horse. i asked for beef.

Complete over reaction by the council , a big fuss over nothing . Horsemeat is totally ok to eat ,and its served daily in many other countries. typical example of sheffield council in a flap and over reacting.

I'm going to say the same horse meat is fine but..... My worry would be where these horses come from and to what extent we could be in danger from drugs in the horses system.

Other than that being sold beef but turns out to be horse is no biggy, netto was selling crap labeled up as food for years.

Oh yes they do - thats why the foodbanks have started up - what planet do you live on!!!!!!people are hungry and going without food in Sheffield - whats the matter with you? This is a fact.

---------- Post added 16-02-2013 at 08:49 ----------

\errrrr. they're in charge....right? They are running the Country now? Clearly your tax bill has reduced.......

people are starving in sheffield...quick ring bob geldolph....don't go to the boozer...give a tenner to the undernourished of the steel city...

Archived