More Horsegate today - now it's your kids and the sick

\errrrr. they're in charge....right? They are running the Country now? Clearly your tax bill has reduced.......

please tell me what you think the Tories have to do with the horse meat scandal and also, what has that got to do with my tax bill (which incidentally has gone up)

I'm going to say the same horse meat is fine but..... My worry would be where these horses come from and to what extent we could be in danger from drugs in the horses system.

Other than that being sold beef but turns out to be horse is no biggy, netto was selling crap labeled up as food for years.

the horse probably was kidnapped from the roadside....or left overs from the grand national...every little helps

Horse meat might be perfectly ok to eat but I'm guessing most people would like some choice about whether or not they eat it.

I don't think there is a 'yuk' factor at play here with most people. If you eat one animal then you can't really say 'yuk' at the thought of eating another.

And given intensive farming methods that are used these days even your regular meats of beef, pork, chicken, lamb etc have dubious substances in them, antibiotics, hormones, dodgy feed etc so how many people know EXACTLY what they are eating anyway?

need to go back to the days..when you had proper school dinners and that little bottle of milk....and the dinners came freshly cooked in metal containers...

its the council who opted for the cheaper option to serve to the kids...

bring back the school cook....lovely cheese flan and semolina pudding..happy days

Oh......did you really have to post that:gag:;)......that was the best thing about school - I loved cheese flan........but the absolute best was that Chocolate sponge shortbread square with Minty green custard that you helped yourself with a ladle in a steel vat - I loved school dinners.

people have been eating horse meat for centuries, i dont see the problem, and not all free school meals kids just get a sarnie for tea, mine got a cooked meal in the evening too!!!, i agree it should be labled as horse meat though in food,

would you be happy to pay for a gold chain, only to find it's gold plated?

Or pay for a diamond ring, then find it's cubic zirconia?

I only buy costume jewelry anyway so I'm not worried

Protien and nutrition wise I'd guess that horse and beef don't have a significant difference in value. Probably less potential for fat on the horse so better actually.

I do think I said that the issue was that things should be labelled correctly. This should apply universally

At the end of the day 'caveat emptor'.

people have been eating horse meat for centuries, i dont see the problem, and not all free school meals kids just get a sarnie for tea, mine got a cooked meal in the evening too!!!, i agree it should be labled as horse meat though in food,

...no. I,m so sorry, some get mcCain Microchips.

Oh......did you really have to post that:gag:;)......that was the best thing about school - I loved cheese flan........but the absolute best was that Chocolate sponge shortbread square with Minty green custard that you helped yourself with a ladle in a steel vat - I loved school dinners.

chocolate pudding with chocolate sauce...today's kids only get the scragend of a horse....but they do have the x-box...we had snakes and ladders...

Archived