More Horsegate today - now it's your kids and the sick

I have to agree with you gym rat, watching the new recently it seems the last time any testing of this kind was done was 2003. So we could have been eating mislabelled meat for nearly 10 years, longer than the current government has been in power.

This recent 'crisis' may prove positive for British farmers, maybe they will get fairer prices for their livestock and produce if people are prepared to pay more in order to know what is in their food and where it came from.

Meat is expensive as it is, that's all we need another excuse to put the up price again. Thankyou for that idea.:loopy:

Thank you for researching that - it is indeed a very serious issue - and people are treating it like a silly blown up media joke.

I can't understand why anyone can say they don't care about eating horse, and don't care if they're aware of it or not. They don't understand that if eaten in France, it has been through all the stringent health tests and adhered to the laws regarding drugs and is 'clean'. Then I have no problem with people eating it - I might even invite myself to dinner. (what sauce and what wine goes with 'horse' dishes - what recipes include horse? I want Gordon Ramsey to show us. ;)

In the UK, that horsemeat is being bought and sold under the table.......who knows what that meat contains. Where is it going to stop - what animals are going to infiltrate our meat next?

That's dubious as well.

I'm going to say the same horse meat is fine but..... My worry would be where these horses come from and to what extent we could be in danger from drugs in the horses system.

Other than that being sold beef but turns out to be horse is no biggy, netto was selling crap labeled up as food for years.

people had the choice to shop at netto or not.

....and now todays news is that horsemeat has been found in school and hospital meals. So all the doubters out there who say they can't see what the fuss is about.......your kids have been eating it at school - and you've been paying for it (not all school dinner children get them free due to Parents' Benefits) You Mums and Dads are Ok with that, are you?

And if you went in to hospital for an operation recently, you might have been served horse in that luke warm cottage pie.

Some 'adults' on here might say it's a story been blown out of proportion by the media.......but i can well imagine many many parents being furious at their kids been served horse under the guise of beef - without been informed so the more affluent ones could pack up a lunch themselves instead.

And what about the kids on ,Free School Meals, because that's all they get except a jam sandwich for tea.

This whole business is disgusting me - its penalising the poor again. But as things stand now - everyone vulnerable, is being affected regardless.

Lets hope thousands of Tory supporters will now be up in arms - and call for an early General Election.

Give the rich lower taxes, and feed their kids horse sneakily at school, - kick the poor into the gutter - and feed them horse as well because they can only afford the cheapest food---

--its a win win for Cameron and his Cronies at the moment.........-he must sing 'We're in the money......' in the shower.

---------- Post added 16-02-2013 at 04:36 ----------

There is a petition going here - http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45329

We have all probably been eating Horse for years ,and it aint killed anyone , so i dont see what the problem is. Total over reaction to a non story.

We have all probably been eating Horse for years ,and it aint killed anyone , so i dont see what the problem is. Total over reaction to a non story.

Are you seriously suggesting that you cannot see the problem with the food manufacturers not knowing what is going into their food, and whether that meat is fit for human consumption?

As various other people have posted horsemeat is perfectly safe to eat when it comes through the proper channels.

The problem here is, given that we didn't know it was horsemeat, what else is in this horsemeat that we don't know about, and as we don't appear to test processed meat for it's contents, exactly what else is in the processed meat on sale in this country.

Traceability and accountability are surely the issues in question here!!

As various other people have posted horsemeat is perfectly safe to eat when it comes through the proper channels.

The problem here is, given that we didn't know it was horsemeat, what else is in this horsemeat that we don't know about, and as we don't appear to test processed meat for it's contents, exactly what else is in the processed meat on sale in this country.

Traceability and accountability are surely the issues in question here!!

Exactly issue at hand.

Archived