Junkfood/Horsemeat Saga

you do realise most of that fresh meat you see on the butchers counter has been pumped full of chemicals, wrapped in plastic and transferred halfway round the country - continent before you see it all fresh and shiny and looking like it was slaughtered round the back.

more than likely it came from the same processing plant that supplied Findus.

I would disagree mainly cos I know my butcher, know the farm where he sources his meat and I know it's slaughtered.

---------- Post added 16-02-2013 at 10:51 ----------

you seem keen - how about posting your diet for us to see how clean you eat.

Meals consisting of vegetables, salad and fresh meat (if I opt to eat meat). I stopped eating processed crap many years ago. It's healthier, far more tasty, and in most cases, cheaper to cook from fresh.

Do you not see the irony though? You complain about horsemeat, however, if it wasn't for that, you'd still think would be acceptable to eat and/or feed your family/kids the other harmful crap that comes with processed/junk food?

One can have concerns....but at the end of the day, you just want to put food on the table - if they ate it and loved it, I bought it again-I did cook from scratch and freeze bulk portions of shepherds pie, Chilli and lasagne etc....they had fish fingers and chicken nuggets sometimes especially in the school holidays being at home all the time.......I was a single parent on benefits to my eternal shame, and my whole life was feeding them and getting them to school on time for years and years and years - by myself. It was very important what I was feeding them - it was my main priority. I once took my son to the GP because he refused to eat so many things and seemed very faddy and losing weight - GP said 'it might not suit you and me, but if he wants to eat fish fingers every meal, let him - at least he does eat' But I would have had a bit of concern if this horsegate thing had happened then. Its not a moral issue with me - It's a health and safety issue.

And I never fed my children 'crap' - I take exception to that statement because I went without for many years so my children could eat the better quality food and not smartprice. That is a dreadful judgement to make and you are wrong and have no right to judge anyway.

do you buy mince?

Iv got a mincer,but yeah iv bought crawshaws minced steak,as they source thier cattle and only mince what they cant sell,its all british.Standards in certain parts of europe arent as rigerous as our own.

The only way some of the stuff you see certain shops can be so cheap is if thier actually mincing up the people that make the stuff.......:hihi:

Is it me, or can anyone else see the irony in this?

The thing I find ironic is that most people on here moaning about consuming this so called crap are the ones that don't actually consume it and then tell you its bad for you.

Perhaps you could supply a list of what crap is actually in theses foods?

I would hazard a guess there there isn't a living soul in this country who eats meat who hasn't consumed horse meat at some point in their lives - either intentionally or otherwise.

Personally - I couldn't care less - it doesn't bother me at all.

The thing I find ironic is that most people on here moaning about consuming this so called crap are the ones that don't actually consume it and then tell you its bad for you.

Perhaps you could supply a list of what crap is actually in theses foods?

Perhaps it's easier for me to provide you a list of what's good. Saying that, this is first counter argument someone has ever raised doubting that crap food contains... crap!!

---------- Post added 16-02-2013 at 14:28 ----------

I would hazard a guess there there isn't a living soul in this country who eats meat who hasn't consumed horse meat at some point in their lives - either intentionally or otherwise.

Personally - I couldn't care less - it doesn't bother me at all.

I would eat horse... probably more nutritious than hoof or other supposed cow parts

I remember on the halal meat threads people saying they see it coming out of dirty vans and so unhygenic and cruel etc.

Well it may have come out of a dirty looking van but at least it was not horse or anything else disguised as lamb so will be sticking to fresh halal meat as normal.

Have they done tests on what sausages contain yet? :gag:

Archived