Wire saw laws UK

But someone interested in bushcraft and survival would tend to walk around with some survival tools, as they know full well that no-one has the luxury of being able to predict when they will need them.

onewheeldave is correct, in bushcraft and survival you need to take as much as you can carry so you are prepared for any situation, for buscraft you are LEGALLY allowed to carry a knife with a blade under 12 inches, locking, fixed or non locking, just because of the simple fact that it's obvious it will be used as a TOOL and not a weapon, and in a survival situation a knife can be the difference between life and death, and a wire saw is about as good as a real saw when you're outdoors.

onewheeldave is correct, in bushcraft and survival you need to take as much as you can carry so you are prepared for any situation, for buscraft you are LEGALLY allowed to carry a knife with a blade under 12 inches, locking, fixed or non locking, just because of the simple fact that it's obvious it will be used as a TOOL and not a weapon, and in a survival situation a knife can be the difference between life and death, and a wire saw is about as good as a real saw when you're outdoors.

I'm sure you cannot carry a fixed blade knife or any that is over 3 inches.

I'm sure you cannot carry a fixed blade knife or any that is over 3 inches.

that's just on a day to day basis in the town or whatever, you're allowed a non-locking under 3 inch blade, BUT if you're say going out to the lake district wild camping (we don't use tents) you're gonna need a bit of a bigger sturdier knife for making shelter, and many other things, it's in the law that you're allowed a bushcraft knife for theses tasks, just keep it out of sight in villages, i use the mora companion it's one of the best knives, and perfectly sized, trust me i know what i'm talking about

that's just on a day to day basis in the town or whatever, you're allowed a non-locking under 3 inch blade, BUT if you're say going out to the lake district wild camping (we don't use tents) you're gonna need a bit of a bigger sturdier knife for making shelter, and many other things, it's in the law that you're allowed a bushcraft knife for theses tasks, just keep it out of sight in villages, i use the mora companion it's one of the best knives, and perfectly sized, trust me i know what i'm talking about

That is a good choice of knife, even Mr Mears uses them, not bad for a tenner.

Archived