Remapping your car!!

I run a 2002 golf mk4 1.9tdi plug in power chip for the last 18months increases pulling power by 20% and saves fuel consumption by 20% but I don't go mad with the right foot.

i can get 630miles to a 11 gal/52ltr tank. and no problems with engine or turbo.....

I was told most engine's have a 100% over design built in ie they will withstand twice what they are put through on a day to day basis.

I chipped my diesel Rangie and that went like stink after i did it....ins comp just said thanks for telling us and that was it....though i am an old fart!

I was told most engine's have a 100% over design built in ie they will withstand twice what they are put through on a day to day basis.

I chipped my diesel Rangie and that went like stink after i did it....ins comp just said thanks for telling us and that was it....though i am an old fart!

Isnt it only a chip that they isert into it my astras 100 bhp at min. Is they different chips etc? How much bhp would mine gain?

they just over write the ecu programming , you can pay fromm £200 upwards depending on what you want/where you go , usually a remap will give you more power with a smoother power curve therefore you dont have to "give it some" as much to make it go better hence getting a better fuel economy , as for doing any harm to your engine , no it shouldnt but it always depends on what condition your engine is in when you get it done !! all manufacturers decrease the power of what the engine can do from factory and have an average program running the ecu to cope with differnt quality of fuel but seeing we have decent fuel over here if you buy it from the right places you can up the ante with no problem at all

Archived