The BIG Wheel LEEDS ?

I didn't get to go on the Sheffield Wheel, so I thought I might take a trip to Leeds and see what there Wheel was like, not that I'd recognise any particular place etc. So I did a search on line (I won't advertise GOOGLE”) for the cost Adults £6.00 concessions £5.00 Does anyone think this is a little bit excessive.

40 pods to carry 6 people each, the ride lasts 12 minutes = £ 57,600.00 over an 8 hour period – I know it's not/won't be full all the time, and there is a delay for change over etc., and that not everybody pays full whack.. but £57K seems like a lot to me, Just wondered what you think, did you go on the Sheffield one? Is my maths wrong (again)

So you accept that it doesn't run 6 times an hour, is never full and that discounts are available, but you still use the obviously wrong figure you came up with?

I suspect the real figure is about 10 times less than your estimate considering it probably runs 2 x an hour, and that its quite often less than half empty when it does run.

If I remember correctly, I don't recall ever seeing the Sheffield one full.

I do, but it was only on Fright Night. It generally had about 4 - 5 of the pods with people in. It must have made money though because they (the operators) kept extending it's stay!

Archived