Quickest way to skegness

charlie 1

I have always gone the Bawtry, Gainsborough,Louth route. 93 miles.

As kids on club trips we always went that way .... I can remember all the kids used to try to be the first one to spot Fanny Hands Lane in Ludford near Market Rasen. Amused us every time:hihi:

As kids on club trips we always went that way .... I can remember all the kids used to try to be the first one to spot Fanny Hands Lane in Ludford near Market Rasen. Amused us every time:hihi:

i don't care if it's the quickest way or not, next time i'm going this way - you're never too old for a bit of childish humour - or at least i'm not

isn't the any closer rubbish dumps

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Pipe down, tool.

Sheffield - Skegness via the A57 in 1hr 15 is a huge ask but just about possible in the early hours if you're a nutter.

I did Sheffield-Leicester in 40 minutes on Christmas Day 2001, but that was all motorway.

As for the motorway route being more economical on fuel, I doubt it unless you drive well below 70 mph or got caught in a lot of traffic going via the A57.

87 miles about a dozen roundabouts to slow down at, traffic lights, country lanes and a toll bridge, average speed 69.6 miles an hour for one hour fifteen minutes without any of the mentioned obstacles.

Anyone with a bit of common sense can see there is no validity in your claim.

Its simple as some parts of the journey you could easily do over 100mph, but im talking about ten years ago and on a Sunday morning about 6am, not clever but can be done. ;)

Its simple as some parts of the journey you could easily do over 100mph, but im talking about ten years ago and on a Sunday morning about 6am, not clever but can be done. ;)

I'm intrigued by this as to do Sheffield Skeggy in 1 and a quarter hours would mean averaging 70mph - which would mean you'd have to do 90 mph for a good 70 miles plus of the journey. I'd agree that there are some straight stretches where high speeds are possible - but not 70 odd miles of it.

Either that or Formula 1 should just have a few scouts alongside the A57 on Sunday mornings in the summer.

Archived