Sheffield - 1st visit

drusso

Hi guys,

So my girlfriend is coming over to Sheffield for the 1st time for a week. What are some cool things to do/visit to pass the time?

Ok, it's nearly 30 years since my g/f (now wife for 25) came to visit me in Sheffield - can't remember moving much beyond the bedroom and the local pub.

I suppose it depends on your interests...

You can go to the Sheffield Tap and watch beer being brewed whilst you drink in ornate Edwardian surroundings.

You can have a wander around the Millenium Galleries or Kelham Island Industrial Museum.

You can go on a climbing wall, ice skating, swimming, ten pin bowling....

You could go on a tram ride.

You could wander round the shops either in the City Centre or Meadowhall.

You could visit a few of the bars on Division Street and have a bite to eat somewhere.

Hi guys,

So my girlfriend is coming over to Sheffield for the 1st time for a week. What are some cool things to do/visit to pass the time?

stop and listen to the many languages spoken in this traditional northern town......amongst them you may hear sheffield spoken:hihi: wonder at the myriad of roads with patchwork quilted tarmac arrangements many with deep holes, play dodge the chuggers & big issue sellers on fargate, for a bit of adventure...but be careful you could venture onto high st and all the way down to castle market!!.......good luck:o

stop and listen to the many languages spoken in this traditional northern town......amongst them you may hear sheffield spoken:hihi: wonder at the myriad of roads with patchwork quilted tarmac arrangements many with deep holes, play dodge the chuggers & big issue sellers on fargate, for a bit of adventure...but be careful you could venture onto high st and all the way down to castle market!!.......good luck:o

You really are an a*&^ aren't you:rolleyes:

Hi guys,

botanical gardens are nice for a walk round,then on to ecclesall road for a coffee,beer,several beers,or some nice food up there depending what your in to

Hi guys,

Theatre visit

Ice skating (on the tram route)

Bus trip (or train) into Derbyshire (Castleton caves?)

Galleries and museum

Walk in Botanical Garden/Endcliffe Park then browse shops on /around Eccy road

If got car - Visit to Yorkshire Sculpture Park

I've taken friends round the Botanical Gardens as I take a bag of peanuts and the squirrels, well a lot of them will come and take the nuts out of your fingers. Weston park is quite fun as well and if she doesn't know about the peak district then a trip out to Caastleton and into one of the caves is also a fun way to spend a day.

Archived