The church's position on marriage?

danot

Just out of pure curiosity, I want to raise a point about the church's position on marriage. If I am correct in thinking that the church's position is that the sanctuary of marriage should only be granted to couples for re- procreation purposes- would that mean Adam and Eve were excluded from entering the sanctuary of marriage before re-procreating; or does it mean that we(mankind) are the ******* spawn of Adam and Eve?

Which church are you referring to? 'The church' is a very, perhaps uselessly, broad term.

P.S Your term 'sanctuary of marriage' seems to be an error on your part. Did you mean to say 'sacrament'?

By "church", I'm referring to the head office- 'the Vatican'. And yes, sacrament is what I meant.

By "church", I'm referring to the head office- 'the Vatican'. And yes, sacrament is what I meant.

So you mean the Roman Catholic Church.

In that case the answer to your question should ''the sanctuary of marriage should only be granted to couples for re- procreation purposes'' is a straightforward no.

The Catholic church can and frequently does marry couples who can't or don't want to have children.

So you mean the Roman Catholic Church.

In that case the answer to your question should ''the sanctuary of marriage should only be granted to couples for re- procreation purposes'' is a straightforward no.

The Catholic church can and frequently does marry couples who can't or don't want to have children.

So shouldn't that rule apply to any couple who love each other?

Archived