The church's position on marriage?

danot

So there was a time when the rest of the world shared thier view on homosexuallity? When was this?

No, I'm not claiming that. I'm suggesting that the Catholic Church is out of step with the current popular opinion of homosexuality.

No, I'm not claiming that. I'm suggesting that the Catholic Church is out of step with the current popular opinion of homosexuality.

I think most religions are out of touch when it comes to homosexuality , wouldn't you agree ?

http://www.somaligaycommunity.org/literature-mainmenu-70/20-essays/88-holy-hatred-homosexuality-in-muslim-countries

http://www.gaysikh.com/gay-sikh/new-twitter-account-why-some-sikhs-believe-you-cannot-be-gay-and-sikh/

Do you have an opinion on why the vatican feel it necessary to exclude same sex couples from this rule if re-procreation isn't an issue to them?

The bible condemns homosexuality and the church follows the teachings of the bible.

Anyway of they started marrying gays or for that matter any Christian church started marrying gays they would lose about 98 percent of their congregations.

If gays have a problem with this then start a gay church or be content to be married in a registry office

Out of step? would you apply the term "out of step" to homophobia in general or do you reserved it specifically for the Vatican? The reason I ask is because I would expect you to use stronger terminology towards your average narrow minded, homophobic bigot.

The bible condemns homosexuality and the church follows the teachings of the bible.

Anyway of they started marrying gays or for that matter any Christian church started marrying gays they would lose about 98 percent of their congregations.

If gays have a problem with this then start a gay church or be content to be married in a registry office

Does the Bible condemn slavery?

Which church are you referring to?

Where does the bible condemn homosexuality?

Should every word of the Bible be taken literally and followed to the letter?

In your opinion.

I am afraid it is not just a large proportion of gay people who have a problem with it Harley, it is everyone who cares about equality and living in a civilised society.

There is no need to start a gay church as some religious groups, including Quakers, Unitarians and Liberal Judaism, are in favour of same-sex marriage and will happily perform them.

Which church are you referring to?

Where does the bible condemn homosexuality?

Should every word of the Bible be taken literally and followed to the letter?

In your opinion.

I am afraid it is not just a large proportion of gay people who have a problem with it Harley, it is everyone who cares about equality and living in a civilised society.

There is no need to start a gay church as some religious groups, including Quakers, Unitarians and Liberal Judaism, are in favour of same-sex marriage and will happily perform them.

Then let them do so but why does any other church that chooses not to marry gays have to have a gay agenda pushed on it?

True freedom and equality is allowing people to live in the beliefs and the ways they choose and not grinding down and browbeating everone to accept what a minority say is "good for everyone in the name of equality"

That kind of thinking only leads to resentment, the creation of prejudices that may not have been there before and the inevitable backlashes.

To each his own and leave it at that

Archived