Cost of policing Julian Assange wikileaks siege.

If there is no more to this that what authorities purport, I wonder why they're going to such lengths to capture him...

Is it normal for a country to spend £3million to restrict the movement of someone wanted in another country, to face rape allegations?

He needs to face the music over the alleged rape of a woman, but the far left dont consider rape a serious offence; I'm suprised he isn't hiding out at Martin Smith's house.

Do you believe that yourself? It's a bit of generalisation isn't it? And given that most of the lefties I know stand up for compassion, and looking after others, it doesn't really sit well the 'politics'.

---------- Post added 18-02-2013 at 17:23 ----------

If there is no more to this that what authorities purport, I wonder why they're going to such lengths to capture him...

Is it normal for a country to spend £3million to restrict the movement of someone wanted in another country, to face rape allegations?

Yes, it does beg the question.

He needs to face the music over the alleged rape of a woman.

This defiantly, plus it's two women.

Slight problem tho, mainly the case is knocking on for 3 years old and there's no physical evidence.

It's his word against there's and both his accusers agree they consented to sex.

It's whether or not a condom was used/wanted and whether or not someone was 'held down'.

The second woman just claims she was asleep when they has sex, later claimed she was 'half-asleep'

Also the woman who claims she was 'held down' then threw Assange a party the next day - strange way to treat someone who raped you?!?!?

I'm not saying he shouldn't answer some questions, I'm saying it's the most stupid waste of money since SCC decided we need a 'fairness council'

Assange is a blundering self-promoting imbecile. But its madness to suggest we should enter the Ecuadorian embassy. We should send the policing bill to Sweden though.

Why, it's the British government who ordered it, led by the nose by the American government, perhaps the bill should go to uncle Sam, unless of course Julian has photo's of Camerloon in suspenders.

It isn't really about the alledged rape case tho' is it?

It's all about getting him to Sweden so he can then be extradited to the United States to face charges of p***ing off the authorities by whistleblowing. You can tell how much he p***ed them off by how much they are willing to spend to get him back. They no doubt want to make an example of him before any other would-be public crusaders get any ideas of embarrassing their betters.

I think Assange is one of the good guys. If, for example, he had uncovered our MPs expenses scandal would he have been a hero or a villain? (And don't forget our MPs tried every trick in the book to keep it covered up, including invoking anti-terrorism laws.)

Incidently, rape is a very serious charge, but in Assange's case he is accused of having sex with a willing partner but without a condom, which isn't rape but sexual misconduct.

Can't the police just turn there backs and count to a hundred ? He'll either stay anyway, suddenly find himself in front of camera or, ideally, leave the country. He a self absorbed liar who has cost everyone he has come into contact with either money or liberty.

Let him disappear and be someone else's problem.