When will we get actual crisps in crisp packets?

Presumably more so if they were ready-salted? When crisp packets contained a packet of salt (not the sealed, rectangular ones but the blue paper twists), I wonder if that alleviated the soggy crisp problem to some extent. I do remember, in the days before inflated packets, that rancid crisps were a regular disappointment.

I've seen "twists" mentioned before, perhaps on this thread. Is that a pre 70s thing or a Yorkshire thing? Back home we had little rectangular blue bags.

And ice-cream, like the Famous Five. With Timmy the Dog for afters.

....and, of course, a bit of horse.

---------- Post added 17-02-2013 at 23:02 ----------

So stop buying packets of crisps.

They are bad for you in all sorts of ways.

Eat apples instead.

Seriously, though, crisps contain some essential nutrients that apples don't.

Is anyone else fed up of buying bags of air with 6 crisps in it? Because I for one am pee'd off!

Multipack crisps are the worse for this, it's a big bag, quarter filled with smaller bags which are quarter filled with crisps! Sure it will state it somewhere on the packaging but why not just have a correctly sized packet? Marketing, sales etc.

So stop buying packets of crisps.

They are bad for you in all sorts of ways.

Eat apples instead.

Grapeseed oil crisp are not soo bad aren't they? Also too much fruit like apples is supposed to have an adverse effect on you (such as the acid on the teeth), it's all about a balance.

For crying out loud, why is it someone always seems to completely change the original topic? I do not care about gas or musical instruments. When I was young you could open a bag of crisps and there was plenty in! Just saying.

To be fair yesterday I was opening said bag as I was browsing the forum. It is now 4.44am, I am on here as I cannot sleep (and no, it's not cos I've got anger issues with Walkers) due to Insomnia and I couldn't give a rats behind about bags of crisps, gas, mandolins etc.

That said I am going to purchase a bag of Maltesers later so get ready!

Damn shame. Pringles are the best, you open the tube and its actually full of crisps.
They're just the starchy bits left over as part of the process of making "real" crisps. Same with Hula Hoops.

The Walkers trend of a bag full of identical, bland, tasteless crisps killed off real crisps. At least with Golden Wonder you got the odd green one or one that was a bit bad. Walker's are just sterile canvasses onto which they add flavour.

McCoy's have a bit of potato, but the bags are way smaller than when they first launched :-(

For crying out loud, why is it someone always seems to completely change the original topic? I do not care about gas or musical instruments. When I was young you could open a bag of crisps and there was plenty in! Just saying.

To be fair yesterday I was opening said bag as I was browsing the forum. It is now 4.44am, I am on here as I cannot sleep (and no, it's not cos I've got anger issues with Walkers) due to Insomnia and I couldn't give a rats behind about bags of crisps, gas, mandolins etc.

That said I am going to purchase a bag of Maltesers later so get ready!

Don't do it! They're smaller than they used to be and you don't get as many.

Archived